Living Life...

Living Life...

Friday, December 17, 2021

Finishing out the Year at Work… Barely Sane!

This last stretch of work was intense… in the month of December alone I had four IEP meetings… which meant I had to complete all the paperwork before and after the meeting.  Plus, I had a couple DVR meetings, helped a mother complete paperwork to get signed up for DVR, and this was on top of all my regular work throughout the day.  Thankfully, I was able to get one of my two of my 1:1’s approved for my students… now I just have one more to go (since I don’t think the other student that needs 1:1 support for everything will be approved… but I will take as many as I can get at this point… now we just need to find staff to fill the positions… )

I was worried about the snow cancelling my IEPs, 
but we didn't get enough!


I’m not sure who was more excited for the break, me or the students… We have been having a lot of absences (staff and student) which has made things interesting… thankfully, we sent home all the Christmas presents early in the week before too many of the students were out.  In reality… student absences are how we are surviving the year.  I’m not sure what I would do if all my students came to school on the same day…!  When staff are absent, we go into survival mode… it’s been an exhausting four months to say the least.

We were able to sneak in a staff party after work on one of the days and were spoiled by one of the mothers who brought in Mexican hot chocolate and tamales for the staff one day.  Of course, we ended the work week with a pizza party and music with the students.  I made sure to spoil the paras for Christmas just to make sure they know how much I appreciate them and all they do for them. 

Sunset one night at work... 

It was absolutely beautiful... 




Deb, Brooke, and I all enjoyed the view... 


In the midst of all the craziness at work, Matthew and I made a day trip down to Vancouver to celebrate Bev’s 75th birthday.  This was her first real birthday party as an adult, so it was important to us to make it down there for her.  

I loved Bev's birthday cake... 


Happy 75th Birthday...!

 

No comments: