Living Life...

Living Life...

Monday, December 20, 2021

Christmas Round One and the Big Move… a Whirlwind of a Weekend!

We decided to celebrate Christmas early with our family… a week early in fact.  So, as soon as school was out, I had to shift gears and prepare for Christmas the next day.  We decided to do it early so that we could celebrate with David and Abigail before they moved to Georgia.  Of course, with the busyness of life, I didn’t remember until the Wednesday before, which is when Matthew found out he had to buy me my present… and my loving procrastinating husband still waited until Saturday morning to go shopping. 

It was a lot of fun to have the entire day just hanging out at Jimmy and Karen’s.  We were able to get a picture of the entire family, the yearly grandchildren picture, and a picture of Jimmy and Karen’s family but we forgot to do the other family pictures… the focus was on just being together… of course it was also a lot of fun hearing the story on how James proposed to Maggie (he learned to play the guitar for a year in advance before planning a special hike).  I have to say that I have some of the most amazing nieces and nephews around. 

The entire group... just missing Jerem's family

Grandkids Pictures... man have they grown


Opening presents... 



More presents... 



Family Picture by the tree... 

Love my gift from Matthew... 

The party continued on Sunday as I ended back at Jimmy and Karen’s for another day of visiting.  This time it was for David and Abigail’s going away party.  I stayed all day visiting with them and all their guests, many whom I have not seen in forever due to Covid.  It was a sweet time of fellowship and a great away to start my break.  


Loving time visiting with these ladies...!


Spending time with Bently... 

A hard goodbye... best friends for years...!


Matthew wasn’t able to go to the going away party, but we lucked out since they had parked their moving van at our house.  So, bright and early on Monday morning (like 4:30 or so) we all got up to pray with them before they headed on their new adventure across the country.  There were lots of tears that went around… as we said goodbye, but I was also very happy for them since they were so excited to get to their new house in Georgia and be together as a couple.  It reminded me of the many times I would have to say goodbye when heading to Argentina… such a mixture of sadness and joy.  I know that God is going with them and that we will see them again soon… I mean there is a wedding in July. 

The 4:30 wake-up crew...

Praying before they leave... 


One final goodbye... 



We love you David and Abigail..!

It started to snow as they drove away...

 

No comments: