Matthew and his friend Shane “Cooper” have been friends since they were
teenagers so now, he is part of the family… which means we are also part of his
family as well. His daughter, Alyssa,
gave birth to twins (Amelia and Christopher) on August 31st. Their due
date was November 11th, so they came very early and spent some time
in the NICU, little Christopher was their longer than his sister.
Matthew and I have been praying for both of these precious babies since we
found out Alyssa was pregnant… so when she told us that she was going to have
them dedicated we made sure to put it in our calendars to make the trip
over. It was the first time that we were
able to see the twins in person, including Cooper, so it was a very special day
for all of us. I made sure to get lots
of pictures of course and enjoy the snuggles with both Amelia and
Christopher. May God continue to be at
work in their lives as they grow and mature.
May God be with both Alyssa and Adrian as they raise Amelia and
Christopher and their stepsiblings.
Personally, I can’t wait for our next trip over to see the babies… they
are going to get lots of love from their surrogate Grandma. I may never have grandbabies of my own… but
it doesn’t mean I can’t love on all the ones that God places in my life.
Later that evening, we got to visit with Garit. We didn’t know that he had come home for Thanksgiving,
so it was a lot of fun to visit with him… even if it was a quick trip. We love this kid as if he was our own.
No comments:
Post a Comment