Thankfully, Matthew was feeling a little better on Friday. He got up in the morning to take the truck to
Polson and get the transmission (I think) fluid changed. When he got home, he visited with Jim and
Josie while I packed up the inside of the trailer. We then hooked up the truck and prayed with Jim
and Josie before heading out. We had a
great time in Ronan… it was a great balance of relaxing and recovering and
hanging out with people. The drive to
Spokane was quick and easy. We set up
the trailer and then headed over to my Aunt Judy and Uncle Duffy’s house to
visit. Matthew headed back to the trailer
rest before dinner, but I stayed to visit until Liz showed up. We then went out to dinner with my friend
Liz. We found a Mexican Restaurant
nearby. We had a great time catching up
with Liz and the food was great… but the restaurant was a bit toasty. Afterwards, we came back to the trailer, and
I taught Liz how to play Cribbage while Matthew rested. We played a couple games and continued to
visit.
On Saturday I spent the morning in the trailer doing my quiet time before
heading over to my Aunt Judy and Uncle Duffy’s house for the day. It was a relaxing morning and the perfect way
to start the day… I had a nice visit with my Aunt and Uncle... we figured out that it had been four years
since we had been come over for one of our weekly trips to Spokane to stay with
them and about 4 years since we had stopped by to visit them. It is crazy how long it has been. Between being insanely busy with school, them
moving, and covid life sort of got in the way.
Later in the afternoon, my cousin Kelli and her husband Andy came over
to visit. It was great to see them and
catch up with them as well. Their oldest
Maddie even came out for the evening. It
is hard to believe that she is already driving.
Part-way through the afternoon, we found out my cousin Kyla was surprised
with the evening off, so we made a few adjustments with dinner and her family
joined us as well. This was the first
time my Aunt Judy had this many people in her house, but it all worked
out. I loved being able to catch up with
Kyla and see how big her kids have gotten in the last 4 years. Kelli and Andy ended up leaving shortly after
dinner… but Kyla and Scott stayed to visit until about 8:30. It was perfect that their visits overlapped
the way they did so we had a little bit of individual time with each
family. Unfortunately, Kari’s family was
out of town, so we weren’t able to see them.
I ended the evening watching the Seahawk’s first pre-season game. They didn’t win but it was still fun to watch
some football.
I woke up on Sunday with a migraine, so I spend spent the morning working
on getting on top of my headache. I was
finally able to go visit my Aunt and Uncle in the afternoon once I got it under
control. That evening, Matthew and I
took them out to dinner at the Olive Garden.
We wanted to thank them for their hospitality, and it was so hot that
cooking didn’t sound like much fun. Afterwards,
we went back to their house to visit for a while before heading back to the
trailer… I went to bed early to try to stay on top of my migraine.
I slept hard and slept later than I was expecting to on Monday. It was much needed to help my headache go
away completely. After getting ready and
packing up the trailer a bit we headed to my Aunt Judy’s house for breakfast
and to visit a bit. We then finished
packing up the trailer and hooking it up to the truck for the drive home. It is hard to believe that our month-long trip
is over and in just a few short days my summer will be over as well. The drive home was uneventful, and we made
really good time. My mom was excited for
us to get home and show us everything they did around the house while we were
gone. They worked really hard, and it is
looking really good… I’ll post more about that later…! We didn’t unload much when we got home but I did
have to go run a few errands. I definitely
have mixed feelings about coming home… we had an amazing trip, but it is good
to be home.


























No comments:
Post a Comment