Living Life...

Living Life...

Friday, August 13, 2021

Heading to Ronan for the week…

On Thursday morning we got up and packed up for our trip to Ronan.  It was only a 3 ½ hour drive, so we were not in a rush to get there.  The drive was beautiful as we drove through Glacier National Park (not the part you have to pay to enter since you need reservations now but still just as beautiful).  Once in Ronan we headed to Jim and Josie’s where we were setting up camp for the week.  It was great to see them and catch up with them for the afternoon and finally meet their great grandson Jasper (we’ve heard about him for years during our visits with them).  That evening, Matthew stayed back to relax while I went out to the lake with Jen and the kids.  We picked up food from Dairy Queen and ate it at the lake.  It was a relaxing evening just catching up on life and watching the younger two swim.  


Pictures from our drive from Cut Bank to Ronan... 





Spending time with Jasper...
Looking for bugs... 


Jasper riding his 4-Wheeler... 




Such a sweet boy... 
So fun to finally meet him..!



Trying to convince us to go to a less crowded swimming spot... 

Friday was our 10th anniversary, so Matthew and I decided to spend the day together.  We spent the morning just relaxing in the trailer and watching shows on Netflix.  We went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant in Polson that is right on the water.  The view was absolutely beautiful, and the food was very good.  After dinner, we visited with Jim and Josie for a little while and then went back to the trailer to eat our Huckleberry Ice cream and watch Netflix.  Matthew felt bad that we didn’t do anything “more” for our anniversary, but I told him the month-long trip was how we celebrated our anniversary.  Today was perfect just being together.  


Celebrating 10 years of marriage... ALL DAY..! (Actually ALL MONTH)

Celebrating with Drinks... 


Dinner with a view..!

Seafood for me of course... Shrimp wrapped in bacon... Yum!




Beautiful sunset...!


On Saturday, we spent the day relaxing. I made mate and had an extended quiet time before I worked on my blog.  Afterwards, Matthew and I cuddled and watched some shows.  Matthew wasn’t feeling well so it has been good to have these days for him to just be able to lay in bed and recover.  I knew that whenever we do long trips that having recovery days are a must for him.  



Sunrise and mountain pictures... the view doesn't get old..!


Enjoying my quiet time... 




On Sunday, we were able to attend church service at Terrace Lake Community Church, which is the church that we helped do the VBS six years ago when we first came to Ronan on a mission trip.  We only recognized a handful of people… mainly since most of the youth have grown up and moved on and we didn’t spend a lot of time with the adults.  We did have fun catching up with Landers (and his parents) and meeting his two children.  I was able to visit with Jen and the kids as we cleaned up the youth room and prepared it for youth group that night.  We then made plans to get together that evening for dinner before youth group. Matthew and I had a few hours to rest before heading back to the church for dinner and youth group.  We had some really good pizza in which bacon was the main ingredient on all of them… we even introduced them to our favorite, pepperoni, bacon, and pineapple.  It was a lot of fun watching the youth interact during youth group. They started off with a game of ultimate football.  Then they came in for the lesson on Hebrews 3 and the miracles that God did in the life of Moses.  Levi has a gift for teaching the youth and their desire to learn was evident in how much the remembered from previous lessons.  After youth group we stayed to visit with Levi and the family for a while… we even enjoyed blizzards from Dairy Queen… until it was time to get the kids home and settled in for the night.  Afterwards, we went over to visit with Jim and Josie for a while as they ate their Dairy Queen (which Matthew so kindly thought to buy for them).  It was a long but good day. 



So fun that we were here when Isaiah came into town..!





The kids are growing so fast... 


On Monday, we were able to relax most of the day.  Having these low-key days have been very good for both Matthew and me.  He spends most of the time in bed (either sleeping or watching shows) and I go between having a quiet time and spending time relaxing with him.  That evening we were able to get together with Brandy and her parents.  She made BLT’s for dinner which were delicious.  Her parents joined us for dinner, and we had a blast catching up with them.  Afterwards, they went home and shortly afterwards Matthew did too.  So, Brandy and I had the evening to catch up on life. We spent hours talking and catching up on what had been going on since our last visit two years ago.  It was so good to have this girl time with her.  I’m sure she stayed up way too late since she had to get up early the next morning to be ready for the kids to arrive.

On Tuesday, we had another mostly relaxing day.  I did end up going grocery shopping finally… which I had been avoiding for a while… and Matthew finally took the truck to get the oil change it needed.  Other than that, we relaxed back at the trailer.  I was able to get caught up on emails and the budget.  I also finished the book I had been reading.  It is hard to believe how quickly the time is passing… before I know it summer break will be over, and I will be back at work so I am enjoying every moment that I can before then.  Neither one of us wanted to cook so we ended up picking up Dairy Queen for dinner and bringing it back to the trailer.  

Enjoying my cinnamon roll... 

Wednesday morning, I decided to pull out my mate again since I didn’t sleep very well the night before.  I also spent time blogging and doing my quiet time while Matthew rested.  That evening we went over to Jen and Levi’s for dinner.  Rafe and Jayden were there to talk about wedding plans, so Levi had Matthew and I share a few things that we had learned at the marriage conference with them to help prepare them for their upcoming marriage.  Hopefully they will be able to tuck away the information for when they are no longer in the honeymoon phase.  Jen made a delicious dinner of course.  We had bison burgers and then a homemade brownie/cookie dessert topped with ice cream.  It was a lot of fun just hanging out and visiting with them.  Matthew still wasn’t feeling the greatest, so we didn’t stay super long.  


Jen's homemade dessert... 

The moon was spectacular... 

Matthew still wasn’t feeling great on Thursday, so he spent all day in bed.  After my morning quiet time, I did a little bit of planning for work.  It is crazy to think how fast the summer has gone by.  I prepared the data sheets for all my returning students and started thinking about classroom layouts and jobsites for my students.  A lot of it is just possibilities since we really don’t know what the year is going to look like for sure yet.  I did take a break during the day to fill the truck up with gas for the trip to Spokane.  In the evening, I went over to visit with Josie while Jim was at men’s Bible study.  It is always nice to spend time with Josie.  She has been through so much in life and yet has such a love for God… it is refreshing.  



Quiet time outside today... 


 

No comments: