Living Life...

Living Life...

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Connecting with the Shaffer’s in Cut Bank, Montana

On Monday morning, we got up around 6:00am for our drive to Cutbank (Matthew was awake before that but I wasn’t wanting to get up again, so he let me sleep longer).  The drive was pretty uneventful. I enjoyed watching the sunrise… and the beauty of the sunflowers.  There were some pretty sites along the way, but we pretty much just drove and stopped for gas along the way.  Unfortunately, the Safeway points didn’t work at the gas stations (So I contacted them, and they gave me points that I could use the following month).  After about 13 hours on the road, we finally made it to Cutbank, Montana which was our destination for two nights.  We quickly set up the trailer and headed to find food.  The camp host recommended a local bar and grill called Water to Wine - The Pioneer, and after finding the place (because it was also called Water to Wine) we were not disappointed.  The food was delicious.  The only bummer is that I was so exhausted that I couldn’t finish my food and accidently forgot it on the table when we walked out… I was really looking forward to steak and eggs for breakfast the next day.  


Watching the sunrise as we drove... 


We made it to Montana... 
Our destination for a couple weeks.

It was a LONG drive... lots of fields... 

Enjoyed the sun shining through the clouds... 


Finally made it to our campground... 

Cut Bank - Where the Rockies Meet the Plains... 


Enjoying a steak dinner... I was so tired by this point..!


After a full night’s sleep, I woke up on Tuesday morning ready to get to work on laundry.  It was the first time we had to do it on the trip and the campground had the perfect set up.  I spent the morning doing laundry, blogging, and just relaxing while waiting for the Shaffer’s to get into town.  The plan was to meet them here in Cutbank since we were both driving through the town at the same time. 

Matthew and I went back to the Pioneer (which we later found out was the local hangout for getting drunk back in the day but had been purchased by a Christian and turned into a full restaurant… Although she changed the name to Water to Wine all the locals still called it “the Pio”.)  


Touring our campground... 


Enjoying the views with Matthew... 





After dinner we met up with the Shaffer’s at her mother’s house (where she used to live before moving into the retirement home that is).  We spent a couple hours visiting with them and taking a tour of Cut Bank.  It was so fun seeing this little town through Jen’s eyes since she grew up here.  Of course, we took them back to our campsite to tour our trailer as well.  It was such a special time visiting with them and I am so glad God blessed us with this on our trip.  They played such a vital part in my life throughout the years.  I know God is going to bless them in Tennessee and we’ll have to plan a trip out to see them one day.  


The Famous Penguin... 


Touring Cut Bank... Jen's hometown..!


First time Jen visited this part of Cut Bank... the campground... 


The Shaffer's... love this family..!

On Wednesday morning, Matthew decided that he needed a day to rest before moving on to Ronan, so we stayed at the campground on more day.  It was great to be able to relax and enjoy the beauty of the place.  I was even able to sit and pray on the rocks while waiting for the train to come so I could get the picture I had been wanting. 





Finally got my train pictures... 





Final sunset in Cut Bank, Montana... 

 

No comments: