Living Life...

Living Life...

Thursday, September 10, 2020

Teaching Online… is a LOT of work…!

I was not ready for the students when school started.  This year was a lot harder than any other year.  I had no clue how to teach non-verbal students online.  The training that we were given by the district did not give us any support on teaching students with significant disabilities… they pretty much told us what we had to do and gave us no support in doing it.  It was very frustrating to say the least.  I put in long days… lots of hours and went to bed frustrated most days.  



Using two computers to teach online... 


Matthew recognized that the first week was going to be brutal for me and that I was not going to be able to help out as much… and he was still recovering from a broken foot… so he had his friend Shane come over for the week to help out around the house.  Shane was able to help Matthew out and go with him to various doctor appointments.  I was very grateful for Shane to take a little bit of the stress off of me for the week. 

Matthew and Cooper taking a nap 


 Of course, after working all day, I would take some time in the evening to sit in my chair and get a back massage.  I needed something to release a little of the tension.  



 

No comments: