Summer was quickly approaching and Matthew and I still didn’t
know what we were going to do this summer.
It was my first summer in three years that I was not going to be swamped
with homework… and I wanted to do something fun to relax and enjoy time with
Matthew.
June was a whirlwind… I, of course, ended up with a end-of-the-year
cold. On top of all the other craziness
which I will address in other blog posts… but the thing that changed our life
the most was what happened on Father’s Day.
Matthew had been wanting to buy a trailer for years and had been looking
at them and researching what style he wanted.
Finally, I went with him… so we could find something to distract us… (Father’s
Day is one of the hardest holidays for us… missing Shane is daily but some days
are worse than others).
So, needless to say… Matthew took me expecting to just look at some
of his favorite trailers… not realizing that I was warming up to the idea. Our motorhome was on the fritz (fridge wasn’t
working, batteries needed to be replaced, etc.) In fact, just that week… my Dad
mentioned that now that we had a good truck we should look into getting a trailer
to go with it. I had always been
pro-motorhome… but the more that I thought about it… the more I realized that
having an extra “motor” that sat unused during the winter months wasn’t necessarily
a good idea.
Matthew had the dealer show me his favorite trailers… and we
both agreed on one that had the perfect layout.
Of course, we did a little negotiating with the price to get what we wanted
and walked out proud owners of a new 2019 Surveyor… which we could pick up on
Friday. It took awhile for it to settle
in but I quickly got excited and started buying things to set up our new
trailer so we could spend the summer camping and traveling a bit. I just had to get through another 1 ½ weeks
of work… which was absolute torture.
At the dealership when we first checked out the trailers I told Matthew that he just had to make it through another 1 1/2 weeks without ending up in the hospital... since the last two years he ended up going to the ER with life threatening conditions... he gave me a slight scare half-way through the week... thankfully it wasn't life threatening... still trying to figure out what is going on but he didn't stay the night..! He of course, blames me for saying something in the first place...!
Proud owners of a new trailer...!
No comments:
Post a Comment