Living Life...

Living Life...

Friday, May 31, 2019

Bring on the Spring… and Camping Trips!

I keep wondering when life will slow down… and I realize now that unless I take steps to actively do “less” and take time to rest… it will never slow down.  Matthew has been getting on my case for awhile to take care of myself and this month I finally got an appointment for my migraines.  I have been having 12-15 migraines a month and was to the point that after work, I would crawl into bed and not be able to function… there were even days at work that I would be present and not be able to function it was so bad.  To be honest, I was willing to try anything.  I ordered the new medication and then went on a camping trip hoping that a time of relaxation would help my migraines. 

Matthew loves getting out into the woods and relaxing… so we loaded up the motorhome and headed to Greenwater for the weekend.  I even took a couple days off to make it a four day weekend since I had discretionary days I had to use or I would lose.  Our first camping trip was just the two of us and it was pure and utter relaxation.  We spend a lot of time around the campfire… talking, reading, enjoying the sound of the river, and the beauty all around us.  We were even lucky to sneak in a couple pictures with the full-moon.  I spent a lot of time doing my quiet time or just reading by the fire…. It was a perfect weekend.  

Matthew driving around camp in his chair... 

Campfire and the river... my happy place

Matthew being a goofball... 

Still trying to get a smile... 


Best one I could get from him... 


Enjoying my quiet times... 

Loving the peace of the river... 

Our camping spot for the weekend 

Matthew made me dinner... yum!

Pictures with the full moon.... 

Campfire and full moon reflecting on the river = God's beauty..!


After the weekend, I started my new migraine medication and it worked miracles… I went from 3-5 migraines a week down to about 1 (sometimes 2).  I sure home the medication lasts and that it doesn’t start to wear off over time.  It is amazing how much more I can get done when I am feeling better.  I started organizing and cleaning the house up now that my parents are traveling full-time and it has been so nice to get things done after work instead of collapsing in bed. 


Memorial Day Weekend we headed back out camping but this time we went to Little Naches with friends.  I still had a lot of time to relax and spend time in the Word since most of the people were Matthew’s friends… but it is a group of people that I get along with really well thankfully.  Matthew loves camping with this group and it had been a couple years since we’ve made it out with them.  Once again it was the perfect weekend and just what I needed before heading into a crazy busy month of June.  I knew that we wouldn’t be able to get out camping again until July when things calmed down again.  

Tyler and Aiden... 

Matthew hanging out with his friends... 
(Lowell, Stan, and Mark)

Dean whittling his stick - like every camping trip... 

Hope, Danielle, and Lowell - came up to visit each day... 

Stan and Alex enjoying the fire... 

Enjoying time with Matthew

Quiet time with Mate... 

Bible study on my computer... 

River view from our campsite... 


Making myself dinner - Matthew wasn't feeling well... 

No comments: