Living Life...

Living Life...

Saturday, June 29, 2019

A Couple Family Parties…!

We took advantage of Jeremy coming into town to get Mom and Dad back home and celebrate Mom’s birthday.  We were even able to get her siblings over for the evening.  I always enjoy visiting with the relatives and catching up with what is going on in their lives.  It is sad how distant the “extended” family has become over the years.  

The "siblings" picture.... 


Enjoying Kim's new dog... 



Aunt Sandi hosted a family gathering since Carissa was coming into town with the kids… it was a perfect afternoon of getting together with even more relatives and catching up on life.  I wish we were able to this more often but it seems the business of life seems to get in the way.  Nichole and Carissa were one of my first babysitting jobs when I was a teenager so it is crazy to see them all grown up (and Carissa raising children of her own).  Life passes us by so quickly… my own nieces and nephews are growing up so fast.  I treasure these moments and time spent with family.  

Carissa and her family... 

Catching up with Nicole... 

Aunt Sandi finally joined the retirement club..!

Keb and Kim made it to the party..!



After the family party, I was able to go to a get-together with my co-workers from Kentridge.  Heather was moving so she had a going away party.  It was a lot of fun to catch up with some of my former co-workers… and have an evening out to just relax.  Matthew wasn’t feeling well so he stayed home today and let me just go out and spend time with friends.  It was crazy having a couple of my students and their families at the party but that is what happens when lives intermix.  

Thankfully Heather took selfies to capture the evening... so much fun and laughter..!
Most of us may have moved on from Kentridge but it was so much fun working with this group of ladies..!  I will forever treasure our friendship... they helped me through a difficult time in life whether they realize it or not...!

No comments: