Living Life...

Living Life...

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Time to Graduate... Goodbyes are Hard…!

One of the things that makes the month of June so insane… are all the graduation parties… especially working with youth.  The rest of Naome and my D-Group girls graduated this year, which meant we were invited to a lot of parties.. Starting June 2nd and ending on June 23rd.  Not only did we have all the individual parties… we had the 2019 Senior party since this was our group of girls graduating.  Plus, we got to celebrate with a few of the youth that have moved on to another church (Bauers).  It is amazing how friendships continue to grow even through all the changes that occur throughout the years. 

I wouldn’t change things though… I loved working with these girls… watching them grow and mature… and celebrating with them.  I cannot wait to see where God leads them in the future.  While I know that our official time as D-Group leaders may be over… we’ll always be a part of their life.  Matthew and I decided to also take some time away from youth ministry.  We’ve been doing it faithfully for years (even through the chaos of going back to school and all of Matthew’s medical issues) and just need some time to rest and be refreshed.  

Alaina's Graduation Party started out the season... 

Senior Party with our D-Group

2019 - Graduates

The Boys... 


After party was a blast... 


Fodah - Loved getting to know him throughout the years... 

Letters of encouragement to the seniors... 

Enjoying some yummy food at the after party.... 

Celebrating Izzy before she heads off to college


Sarah and Reece had a combo party.... loved it..!



Party hopping... first stop Sabrina's Grad party... 


Then off to the Bauer's.... Maria and Kyler both graduated


Last morning of worship with this amazing group... we'll miss the seniors..!

Finished graduation season with Erica's party..!


Working at TOP means that not only do I have graduation with the youth at church but also for my students.  This year was a hard one as “my boy”, the one that I was a 1:1 for that sparked the idea of becoming a teacher because I was going to go up to TOP with him, graduated.  I had worked with him for 5 years so it was hard to say goodbye.  This was also my first graduating class of students that I had for the entire 3 years.  I am so thankful for the amazing staff of para-educators that I get to work with… they may working at TOP such a wonderful experience.  So, although next year will be different, I am excited to see what it holds and look forward to working with this group again.  

Gift from my "boys" mother... 



Room 5 Staff (missing a few)


No comments: