Living Life...

Living Life...

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Young Life Camp with the Youth…!

 Although I didn’t have much time off this summer after finishing my Master project… I did take some time to go to summer camp with the youth.  Although I normally work with the Senior girls there were not enough middle school leaders so I ended up leading a group of middle school girls.  It was crazy to think that half of the girls in my cabin were the daughters of my friends.  I started the week not knowing the girls very week but ended up enjoying my time with them immensely. 

Although my focus during the week was the middle school girls, I did find some time to spend with my D-Group girls.  In fact, it was a great opportunity for them to be able to connect with some of the younger girls and build deeper relationships.  Matthew also came along as part of the work crew but ended up having time to spend with the youth as well… especially Alex one of his graduates. 

Of course, part of my time was spent taking pictures so the youth would have memories of their time at camp… I have hundreds of pictures so it was hard to choose just a few to share but here are some of my favorites from the week.  

Cabin time with my girls... 


Enjoying my D-Group Girls



Cabin Theme Night - 4th of July

Dressed up for the Luau

Some of the girls... 

Matching shirts... :) 

Alex and Matthew


Loved spending time with my niece and nephews... 



Many great talks with Izzy... watching her grow and share her passion for worship




Loved watching the youth doing their quiet time... 



Hanging out during free time... 



Posing with the camp speaker... 

Jimmy bonding with his guys... 

Middle School & High School Girls 

Matthew doing the zip line... 

Visiting Alex... 

No comments: