Living Life...

Living Life...

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Celebrating with Friends and Family…!

There have been so many people that have been there to support me these last few years as I went back to school… unfortunately not all of them were able to come celebrate at my party.. not did I remember to get pictures with all of them (such as my parents… who have done a TON.. from making me dinner… to helping prepare for the party… I could not count all the ways they have helped these last few years..!)  So, I want to thank ALL of you in various groups… and the few pictures I post will have to represent the many others who have been there. 

First off, my husband has been a trooper.  He has spent many nights encouraging me when I was ready to give up… He has gone many days/nights not seeing me as I was too busy studying to spend time with him.  He constantly was asking what he could do to support me… I would not have gone back to school had it not been for him.

Matthew and I sporting my school colors.. 


 Next, all of teachers and principals who believed in me along the way.  I still remember Cathy Dormaier (my first principal when I was 19 years old getting a job as a paraeducator) telling me the only question I got wrong in my interview was saying I was not planning on going back to school become a teacher.  I had a ton of support from my co-workers and Admin at work along the way… I love my job and would not be where I am today without their support. 

Cathy Dormaier - First one to tell me to become a teacher..!

Next, I want to thank those who actually helped me with the writing, editing, preparing, ideas, etc. of my master project.  My project ended up being over 200 pages long… with 100 being the written paper and the other 100 the curriculum that I developed.  My friend Amber VOLUNTEERED to edit the paper… that was a huge blessing and I will be forever grateful.  

Amber edited my entire paper... voluntarily..!


My para-educators were a huge support.. I could not do my job without them…and I definitely would not have survived the year without them.  Room 5 is an amazing classroom because of the staff that work in there with me.  My students are blessed to have such caring paras and I truly amazed at how supportive they are.  Thank you… I don’t think I say it enough..!


A few of Room 5 Paras..!



My family has always been there to support me.  I am blessed to have the family that I have… I will be forever grateful for the love and support that they have provided me with through out the years.  From my siblings to my aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents… I always knew that I was loved and supported.  It wasn’t until I was an adult that I realized how rare this treasure was. 

Karen representing the family... 

Seth came up for the party (representing his family)

Aunt Sharon representing the rest of the relatives... 

My D-group girls have prayed for me and listened to me as I talked about my homework, my project, my IEPs…. They have been there to support me in the ins and outs of my struggles the last few weeks.  I have loved walking with them and living out my faith before them… through the difficulties and the celebrations.


Some of my D-Group Girls..!




Of course, I cannot forget my friends… whether it be my friends nearby or my friends far away in Argentina… those who I still see on occasion or the ones I have only talked to on the phone because our schedules were too busy.  Thank you to each one of you for your love and support through the years.  


Just a few of my friends..!



Late night crowd - Closed out the party around 11:30..!


No comments: