Tomorrow
is my big day… they day that I have been working towards for the last two plus
years… the day that I defend my master project.
I can still remember the day that I first started thinking about becoming
a teacher… and how quickly the whole process went from “thinking” about it… to
getting my conditional certificate, accepted into the master’s program at CWU, approved
for the APT program that started the following summer, and receiving the
teaching position at TOP.
It
was a whirlwind that took less than TWO months from thought to reality...! I’m not sure I would have embarked on this
adventure had I known how busy my life was going to be these last two years…
but I am soooo glad that I did. God
walked me through this busyness… especially during the moments when I thought I
didn’t have the strength to continue on.
Matthew was my biggest encouragement through it all… and probably the
one that experienced the moments of my insanity the most.
These
last couple weeks things have calmed down some as I have been editing my final
project and preparing for my defense. Yesterday I finished my PowerPoint… all I
have left to do is practice it and present it tomorrow… I would be lying if I
said was not anxious for tomorrow. It
has been a long road… but I have learned a ton.
Editing my project...
Working on the PowerPoints...
One
thing I have enjoyed these last couple weeks is spending more time with Matthew. We found a new place that we really enjoy
walking… the unpaved section of the Cedar River trail. Thankfully, Matthew’s chair can handle the
bumpy ride and we can enjoy the beauty of God’s nature.
What a view...
Matthew and I enjoying our walks...
These
last couple weeks I have also had more time to get back into the habit of having
a longer quiet time like I used to… sitting on the back porch with worship music…
mate… and my Bible. It has been GLORIOUS.
I have missed this so much. Over
the last two years I did this on occasion but not nearly enough… as there were many
days I barely had enough energy to get through the day completing my homework
assignments and regular day to day tasks.
I would read my Bible and pray and long for the day that the “busy” season
was over.
Mate on the back porch...
Enjoying my quiet time...
Do I
live with the conscious realization that all my time belongs to God, or have I
merely reserved a portion of my time for the “spiritual” category of my life?
We all go through seasons in life… this last season of my life
was one that was insanely busy. I know
that God lead me down the path to become a teacher… that He guided me into my
masters… that He knows the struggles we are facing in our personal life with
Matthew’s health… I was insanely busy and there were many days I didn’t have
the time to think past what to do next. His
Word teachers us in Colossians 3:23, “Whatever you do, work at it with all your
heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.” I completed my work to the best of my
ability… giving my all… knowing that I am do to everything as if I was doing it
for the Lord.
Even through the busyness… the one thing I was not willing to
give up was my D-group. I cut back on
how much I was able to do with the girls outside of our group but I still
wanted to stay connected to the girls and pour into their life as much as I
could. I know that God blessed this
faithfulness… and although I feel like I failed in my own personal daily walk
at times… I know that it was just a season… I am excited to get back into a
different season of life where I can dedicate more time to my walk with God.
Loving my extended quiet times on a regular basis..!
1 comment:
I love reasing your blog. It convicts, encourages, and lets me know how to continue to pray for you. You are a blessing to me, my dear sister in Christ.
Post a Comment