Two weeks after
deciding I wanted to go back to school to become a certified teacher my boss
received a phone call asking me to apply for a position in the district. Of
course, I had to get my application in within the day if I wanted to get an
interview the following day.
In some ways I think
it was better that I didn’t have much time to think about. I raced home from work that day and spend the
next couple hours working on my application.
I was able to get it in just in time and was scheduled an interview for
the next morning at 8:30.
I left the interview
confident that I had done well… but recognizing that the job may not be mine if
other people that are already certified apply for the position. While I would love the opportunity to work in
this position I am also trusting God’s plan for my future. I love working with students with
disabilities… especially teaching them life skills that they will need to
succeed outside of the school setting.
I still don’t know
what the result of the interview… but I know that next year is going to be an
exciting year regardless of what takes place.
Either I will be a certified teacher or I will follow my boy up to the
expanded TOP program where I can see him grow through the experiences he gets
out in the community. A lot of people
think I am crazy for wanting to move up to the new program… but I am up to the
challenge and know that it can be an amazing program… with lots of potential
for growth in the upcoming years.
I don't hold much stock in fortunes...
But I do in the Word of God...
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6
No comments:
Post a Comment