Favorite place to have my quiet time...
As
I was doing my study on Brokeness today my eyes were opened to an area of my
life that God is already at work in. A
couple weeks ago I was asked to think of a specific area of spiritual need or
defeat in my life and acknowledge it before God and others.
This
was my response to that question:
I think the biggest area in which I need to work on… or God to help
me with is accepting change. I try to
control the situation and grumble and complain when I don’t have control. I need help in not just accepting the changes
that take place but to trust God with them and not get upset with others when
they make changes that affect my life. I
also need to trust Matthew with decisions that he makes for our family.
Today I was asked to reflect on the
area of spiritual weakness and whether or not confessing it brought me any
closer to God. These were my thoughts
from that reflection:
I find it very interesting
that the biggest area that I wrote down was being willing to accept change and
not try to control situations. Since
then God has brought me down a path in which I will experience a huge
change. In the last couple days I have
decided to go back to school to become a certified teacher. It is crazy that the area I struggle with the
most is the area that God started working on me in pretty significant
ways.
God is definitely good. He takes our honest prayers and does not
leave us there in that broken state. He
desires to see us growing in our walk… and in the areas of weakness we
have. Thank you Lord for your direction throughout
this past week. Continue to give me wisdom
in the months to come and most importantly help me to have a heart that is
humble and willing to follow you wherever you lead me.
No comments:
Post a Comment