I went on a much needed girls night out with some of my friends
from my BSF days at the end of February… it was a much needed time to just get
away with the girls… especially before the chaos of the next few months.
It has been a couple years since I had been able to get together
with Valerie, Pam and Sarah so we had a lot to catch up on. Of course I was so busy visiting that I didn’t
remember to take any pictures. I have so
many fond memories with these girls… everything from serious talks while
watching the sunset in Hawaii to crazy outings with Dave. I love looking over the path God has taken us
on… and will continue to lead us on in the years to come.
I think one of the things I have been missing lately is time
with girlfriends… so when Karen reminded me about the movie night at church I
jumped in my car and went straight there.
Once again it was just what I needed… spending time with girlfriends
visiting and relaxing… not having to think about the stresses of life but to
just enjoy being together.
I had already seen the movie “War Room” but it was a great
reminder of the power of prayer… especially since I had just completed my
prayer study for the Serve Team. I loved
being able to do this study every morning before work and see how often Jesus
prayed… and how he taught His disciples to do the same.
Study about Christ and Prayer...
Prayer is another area of my life that I feel has been lacking… don’t get me wrong… I pray every day… usually during my morning walk… but I don’t take the time I need to really pray. Things have been difficult lately… watching Matthew struggling so much… and I know that prayer is the only thing that gives me the strength each and every day. It has become my lifeline as I cry out to God. I am trying to determine where I can make my own War Room so that I can be on my knees more often… not just to make it through the day but to prepare to battle knowing that my victory is found in Christ alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment