Living Life...

Living Life...

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Time with the In-Laws

Matthew and I were both excited to find out that Doug and Lora were planning on coming to visit in Washington.  Although we didn’t have as much time with them as we would have liked it was still a great visit. 

I took a couple days off work so that I could get some medical testing and have the rest of the day to spend when Doug came over to the house.  Thankfully, I was able to get some answers to medical issues I have had for years.  I still have more questions to be answered and specialist to see but thankfully it isn’t anything serious. 

Doug stayed the night with us on Thursday and Friday which gave him the opportunity to meet my parents.  On Friday, we took him to some of Matthew and my favorite spots to bring out of town guests… of course since he lived in Washington he had been there but it has been many years. 

Our first stop was Snoqualmie Falls… my co-worker had shown me a picture of the falls just days before as it was overflowing because of all the rain and flooding.  Wow, it was beautiful and powerful.  All of us went to the lookout point up top and then we drove down to the lower lot where I was the only one who went all the day down the trail to take some pictures.  This is definitely one of my happy places.

Father and Son at the Falls

Enjoying Snoqualmie Falls

"Dougie" and Me

Powerful, raging waters... loved it

Trail to the lower look-out point... 

View from down bellow... 


Next, we headed up to Snoqualmie Pass to another place we like to go at least once a year.  Matthew wanted to go up for our yearly pictures a couple weeks ago but I convinced him to wait for when his Dad was in town.  We headed off the trail to Alpental a quaint ski resort in town known for its challenging back country terrain.  Doug loved going up to the mountains and I of course had fun throwing a couple snow balls at the guys.  

Doug in the mountains... 

Snowy river view

Our Winter Spot

Doug and Matthew



On Saturday, we met up with Lora and some of her friends for her birthday dinner at Puerto Vallarta in Port Orchard.  On the drive over, Matthew and I realized that this year we were able to spend the day with Doug on his birthday and now we had the opportunity to spend the day with Lora for her birthday.  After 17 years of not seeing his father we also had the opportunity to see them three times in one year.  God has definitely blessed us with restoring this relationship.  Right from the first day I felt very comfortable with them and that hasn’t changed.  We enjoy joking back and forth as well as talking about serious topics.  What an encouragement it is to both Matthew and me. 

Lora's Birthday Celebration

Dinner with Doug and Lora (and friends)

Birthday Dessert

Date night out with my man... 

No comments: