If nothing else… we got a white Christmas this year. Matthew was really hoping for snow and the
rest of us were hoping for safe road conditions… thankfully everyone got their
wish. It was fun to wake up to a layer of
snow on the ground on Christmas morning.
I am not going to lie and say that this Christmas was a joyful
one… but there were moments that were joyful.
At Christmas time it is hard not to miss our son… hard not to think
about how things used to be… hard not to wish that things today were
different. But since that is not our
reality anymore we pushed forward and had to make the choice to focus on the
blessings we do have in life.
One of the blessings we have is my family… my family has always
been there for me… supporting me and loving me.
I love them to death and am so grateful for them. Another blessing we have is a place to live
and food to eat. God has so graciously
provided us with everything we need in life.
I think the most important blessing we have is our salvation. My hope is found in Christ alone and
Christmas day is a day to remember how it all began.
Here are a couple dozen photos that portray a little about how
we celebrated Christmas day this year… surrounded by loved ones.
Enjoying our "White Christmas"
Time to eat...
All the cousins... just missing Shane
Matthew and I
Jimmy, Karen and Family
Jeremy, Maria, and Family
Kim and the Girls
Dad and Mom
All my siblings with my parents...
Boys opening their gifts...
Girls opening their gifts...
Mom and Dad got the most presents...
Matthew and I enjoy our gifts...
Singing Happy Birthday to Jesus...
Cousins just hanging out...
Boys and their toys.. they got the same knife for Christmas
Playing Pinochle with Uncle Chuck..
I love Matthew's smile in this picture...
Enjoying some desert...
Learning to make Mexican food...
Relaxing in my new PJ's and robe...
No comments:
Post a Comment