Living Life...

Living Life...

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July – 2 Ferry Rides in 1 Month..!

I was able to take two special trips in July that resulted in a ferry ride…

On July 14th Matthew and I parted ways… he went home with Shane and I headed up north.  I spent a couple hours visiting with Tim and Jen and then headed even further north to visit Laura.  I haven’t seen Laura since our honeymoon two years ago so this was a special treat for me.  Even though we only had a couple hours to visit I enjoyed every moment of it.  We were able to share what was going on in our lives and I got to hear an update on her ministry in Argentina.  I know this was an encouraging time for me… I just hope she was encouraged too. 

Afterwards I went back to the Shaffer’s for the evening.  We sat around the campfire visiting until bed time.  They have played such a huge role in my life and this visit came at a perfect time for me.  Jen and I were able to go on a walk the next day which was a huge encouragement to me to be able to share with her and glean from her wisdom and experience.

In order to avoid Seattle traffic I took the ferry home.  I love the view from the ferry and was interested in the Sea Gull that was just flying alongside the ferry the whole time just waiting for some food.  It reminded me of how we should be seeking after the Bread of Life with such zeal and hope. 

Of course, on the drive home I just had to stop by and see Matthew… since even just one night away makes me miss him.  I feel so blessed to be his wife and know that God has great things in store for us.

Laura and I at Starbucks... 


Heading home...  

What a beautiful view... 

An object lesson... in regards to seeking after God's Word..!


My second ferry trip included Matthew.  After our camping trip we decided to go check out the Union Gospel Mission.  We were able to tour the building and get to know some of the workers.  We don’t know if God has something in our future in regards to serving there but we did enjoy spending an afternoon there. 


Afterwards, we walked up to Pikes Place and visited Donny at his meat stand… and of course pick up some of his yummy seasonings.  Before taking the ferry home we had a delicious lunch at Ivars (Thanks to a gift card I got at my bridal shower two years ago).  It was a good day trip for the two of us and got me excited for our anniversary trip coming up next week.  


Enjoying the day with my Man...!


No comments: