Living Life...

Living Life...

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My trip to Jujuy... and returning to Catamarca..!

Life continues to move much faster than I would like… but I wanted to post some more pictures..! In a little over two weeks I will be on my way back to Washington..!




At the beginning of November I went to Jujuy for two weeks to visit my friends up North. Of course I arrived just in time for Kike’s birthday which we celebrated by going out to eat. I enjoy spending time with Kike and Ivana and my “sobrinos” Juan and Keila whenever I go to Jujuy.


Of course my main reason for going to Jujuy is to visit Naty and Vicky. Even though Natalia is now married we still spent as much time together as possible. What a joy it was to be able to just relax with them and not have so many things to worry about.


This trip was also special because I got to meet my new “neice”. My friends Alejandra and Natalia (who went on a year long trip to India as missionaries) had a baby girl just a few short months ago. Angelina was absolutely adorable..!

During the weekend Vicky and I decided to escape to a local campground for a couple days… they also had rooms to rent so we splurged and spent the weekend in luxury with our own private pool. Of course while we were there friends came out to visit us various times throughout the weekend and Natalia even spent the last night with us. It was nice to just relax and enjoy the time together.







During the afternoon Vicky and I escaped and walked the grounds. We found trees that grow blackberries (which are so much easier to pick than the typical plants with thorns…) Of course we stained our fingers and tongue from eating so many. Afterwards, we sat by the lake and drank mate and talked about life in general.





Unfortunately on the trip I also had to spend time studying. My time in Jujuy fell right in the middle of the class I am taking at Green River, which meant I had to take my mid-term. The nice part about it, is I got to learn more about the Argentina culture and their music, as Vicky is a pro on the subject and we spent an afternoon researching famous singers from the past.





Of course before returning to Jujuy I spent a day walking around Jujuy and then played volleyball with Vicky for a couple hours… and ended up throwing out my back. I woke up in complete pain about 4 am and didn’t fall back asleep until around 7:30. Thankfully Naty’s husband Mirco is a Doctor and has many friends who specialize in back pain. Before meeting up with Mirco I took various pain pills that did not help, from there we went and saw a specialist who recommended I have an injection, and to top it off a physical therapist who adjusted my back with a few exercises. I then had to survive the 9 hour bus ride home, a couple days of rest for my back and more injections. Thankfully Leandro is studying to be a nurse and offered to put them in for me. J



Of course after my short break… life started back up at full speed… with the various activities at church, preparations for the wedding, visiting people, spending time with Valentino, and running errands with Sole and Maxi as they work on building their house before the wedding..!








Here are some of the kids from the neighborhood who have been coming to the children's program on Saturday afternoons..!




No comments: