Of course I am enjoying every minute I can with him..!

And Soledad... He is definately an easy going baby..!

And Soledad... He is definately an easy going baby..!
Maxi, Soledad´s fiancee got a job as a substitute science teacher in a village near Catamarca. He absolutely loves it, though only has a dozen students or so in the three schools that he works at. This was his first day of work and on the way there he got all excited about bringing some of the other youth to come and do one of the evangelistic plays. Pray for Maxi as he is drawing closer to God and having to make important decisions in this area in regards to the culture that he was brought up in and what the Bible says is truth..! God is definately at work in him...
Here we are working on wedding preparations. I have been spending a lot of time with them as a couple and one on one with Soledad. Pray for their upcoming marriage... as they raise there children... and that God would continue to provide work for Maxi.

Of course I am enjoying spending time with Carolina as well.. who wouldn´t enjoy eating ice cream??? Especially after craving Lemon Pie Ice Cream for MONTHS..!

Enjoying some of the youth in the plaza...

Here is the worship band at the church... practicing in the middle of the afternoon when the weather is in the 100´s... but what joy they have..!

There is nothing that excites me as much as watching the youth serving God..!

Jorge preaching on Mother´s Day... He is one of the main reasons that the church is still afloat in Catamarca during this time. A month after I returned to Washington, Scott and Ruth also came back. Thankfully they will be returning a month after I go home again..! Keep Jorge in your prayers as he has lost a lot of weight due to health problems.. they are doing testing to figure out what the problem is. Also, pray for encouragement as he leads the church and for his studies in the University... he is studying to be a nurse..!
Here we are working on wedding preparations. I have been spending a lot of time with them as a couple and one on one with Soledad. Pray for their upcoming marriage... as they raise there children... and that God would continue to provide work for Maxi.
Of course I am enjoying spending time with Carolina as well.. who wouldn´t enjoy eating ice cream??? Especially after craving Lemon Pie Ice Cream for MONTHS..!
Enjoying some of the youth in the plaza...
Here is the worship band at the church... practicing in the middle of the afternoon when the weather is in the 100´s... but what joy they have..!
There is nothing that excites me as much as watching the youth serving God..!
Jorge preaching on Mother´s Day... He is one of the main reasons that the church is still afloat in Catamarca during this time. A month after I returned to Washington, Scott and Ruth also came back. Thankfully they will be returning a month after I go home again..! Keep Jorge in your prayers as he has lost a lot of weight due to health problems.. they are doing testing to figure out what the problem is. Also, pray for encouragement as he leads the church and for his studies in the University... he is studying to be a nurse..!
Here I am with Matias.. one of my guys. I love listening to him share what God has been teaching him during these past couple months... and the work that God is doing in the lives of his family members... slowly but surely they are coming to church..!

Matias with his mother.. she came to church on Mother´s Day and he dedicated a song to her... A couple days ago I had the opportunity to go to their house for lunch. I had only met her once before leaving Argentina last April and am excited to actually spend time with her now, as well as his younger sister..!

Here are some of the neighborhood girl´s who are new to the church. We are making it a habit to hang out with them in a local plaza after church..!

It has definately been an exciting couple of weeks.. times is FLYING by... and I still have lots of people I want to visit. I have no pictures to prove that I am studying.. but I did spend ALL DAY yesterday working on homework and completely my mid-term. I am halfway done with my class... and it is hard to find the time to study when I would rather be visiting friends. The only part that I am not enjoying is that they keep shutting off the water supply. The weather has been in the 100´s and yet we have no running water between 2 pm and 10 pm... well.. sometimes until 3am. Pray for rain in Catamarca.. as they are going through a time of drought.
Matias with his mother.. she came to church on Mother´s Day and he dedicated a song to her... A couple days ago I had the opportunity to go to their house for lunch. I had only met her once before leaving Argentina last April and am excited to actually spend time with her now, as well as his younger sister..!
Here are some of the neighborhood girl´s who are new to the church. We are making it a habit to hang out with them in a local plaza after church..!
It has definately been an exciting couple of weeks.. times is FLYING by... and I still have lots of people I want to visit. I have no pictures to prove that I am studying.. but I did spend ALL DAY yesterday working on homework and completely my mid-term. I am halfway done with my class... and it is hard to find the time to study when I would rather be visiting friends. The only part that I am not enjoying is that they keep shutting off the water supply. The weather has been in the 100´s and yet we have no running water between 2 pm and 10 pm... well.. sometimes until 3am. Pray for rain in Catamarca.. as they are going through a time of drought.
3 comments:
Looks like you are having fun! Enjoy yourself and be safe. Thinking of you in Washington.
Wish I'd have read this before I chatted with you this morning! Great pictures! I'm so glad you're enjoying your time!!
Love the pics. Glad that you are back down there (although we do miss you up here). I'll be praying for time to study as well as time to visit with everyone.
Post a Comment