Living Life...

Living Life...

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Weddings Galore..!

In Argentina most people get married two times, once with the judge (to make it legal) and once in the church. This has definitely been a hectic time preparing for both of these weddings… as when I arrived in October, nothing was planned yet. So, in less than a month and a half (since I went to Jujuy for two weeks) we planned two separate weddings and all the errands that go with that. And I wonder why I am EXHAUSTED today..!

Sole and Maxi did things backwards and got married first in the church on November 28th. They only invited a few friends, their family and the church members. Pastor Guillermo from a local church (and a friend of the family) did the ceremony and included how God forgives us of our sins and wipes the slate clean when we return to him. What a great testimony this is as both Maxi and Sole made the decision to make things right with God and have a pure relationship until their wedding day. Sole’s sister Maria and I were the bridesmaids, which meant that we both had to share something during the ceremony. I was the first to share and stopped short when both Maxi and Sole started crying (so I wouldn’t cry myself… haha). All in all the ceremony went really well and Maxi’s parents even attended. (Pray for Sole and Maxi in this area as Maxi’s family holds onto their Catholic beliefs very highly which may cause tension in the family. For example, today is the celebration of the Virgin in which they worship Mary… okay so I wrote this on December 8th and never posted it) After the ceremony everyone stayed around for pizza and empanadas. At the end, I escaped with the newlyweds and we celebrated with ice cream.

Then on December 4th they got married legally with the judge. During this time they invited all their friends and family and classmates (since they both studied Chemistry). After the short ceremony everyone celebrated all night long. The event started at 9:30 pm, ceremony started about 10:45 pm and the party started shortly after and ended around 7:30 am. I spent the majority of the time in the party taking care of various details for Sole and the end of the party with Valentino out in the car. He was pretty sick and couldn’t sleep with the loud music. Here are a few pictures to get an idea of what was like… I’ll post more pictures on facebook for those of you who have an account J

Arriving at the "Church" with Sole.. which also happens to be her house..!

Everytime I came to the house Maxi was pacing... and memorizing his lines.
Finally, he is ready and waiting with Valentino

Exchanging of the rings... and vows..!


Pastor praying over their lives and marriage...


The Happy Couple... Maxi and Sole Gomez


Both sets of parents...


Maria and I were the Bridesmaids..!


Celebrating afterwards...


The church was decorated by the youth of the church... Gorgeous, no?


Mauricio walked Sole in for the Civil Wedding...


Signing the official papers with the judge...


Now they are legally married and Maxi is hungry...


Once again celebrating...!


The picture of everyone at my table with the happy couple...
We were the life of the party..!

The First Dance...


Dancing with the groom..!


Enjoying the night with Valentino...

No comments: