Living Life...

Living Life...

Monday, May 4, 2009

I'm home... Just in case you didn't realize it..!

I have been home almost four weeks and a lot has happened since I got back. Upon arriving into the country after 45 hours of travelling (with many long layovers) I went to Karen and Jimmy’s (My brother for those who don’t know) to celebrate my nieces birthday party. I spent a couple hours with the family before finally heading home… where I had to start unpacking and rearranging my bedroom... which is still in process. From there began the whirlwind of visiting people and running errands, which even included a surprise road trip up north to visit Erin Williams with some of the others ladies.


My first full-day home I celebrated my 30th birthday… I still can’t believe I am 30. It always seemed so old before, but I don’t feel old. I was able to visit a few friends on my birthday and still make it home for dinner with the family. Of course the real parties weren’t until the weekend. On Friday night, I went out to eat with a couple of my closer girlfriends and then on Saturday about 80 family members and friends came over to welcome me home and celebrate my birthday. It was great to see everyone, but I obviously didn’t have enough time to really talk to everyone like I want to… which means I have lots of personal visits to do in the next couple of months. If you want to get together for one of these more personal visits let me know and I'll schedule you in. ;)





Easter Sunday was my first Sunday back at church, where I was greeted by various people who were surprised to see me back in the Country. We then celebrated as a family, the first time together since December 2007 and the first Easter together for all the nieces and nephews. It was great to have my brother Jeremy, his wife Maria and the kids in town for a week. I spent most of the time at home visiting them (and getting very little accomplished). But at least we had a lot of fun together... before they went back to Utah.

About the time they were leaving I decided to start looking for work, since I don’t really want to be home alone during this transitional time. The day I applied to work as a sub at the school district, my sister called to let me know that she got a job. So now I am working as a nanny for my sister. It has been about a week and I am still trying to figure out the schedule and what my days will look like. I am staying busy in the evenings with BSF (Bible Study Fellowship), playing on my churches softball team, and visit friends and family. As well as calling Argentina as much as I can..!

4 comments:

The Williams Five said...

I can't believe how busy your first few days back were! Although I am very glad you allowed me to be a part of that! Hope things will settle down soon for you.

The Finnestad Family said...

You didn't waste anytime jumping back into the swing of things, did you? I've been wondering how you've been adjusting to your new role as Auntie Nanny. Looking forward to more playdates with you soon!

The Earnhardt Family said...

Nothing like jumping in with both feet!!! "Whirlwind" was a good word :-) So glad to have you back, I at least see you from afar at church :o)

The Earnhardt Family said...

P.S. I want to join in on some of you & Karen's playdates! :-)