Living Life...

Living Life...

Saturday, April 25, 2009

The last week... saying Goodbye..!

My last week in Argentina was rather emotional… it was a mixture of visiting friends, trying to take care of details with the lawyer and rental house, finishing up my ministry, and just eating ice cream and watching movies with my roommates. Of course the last couple days included packing up my belongings which easily fit into my baggage limit (which was shocking) and saying goodbye to everyone.

Some really exciting things happened this week. First off, I was able to complete the “Perspectives” mission’s study with Matias. I was thrilled when we were able to complete the very last lesson on the day before I left Catamarca. It was exciting to watch the changes in his life as he went from an ‘atheist’ that spent most nights getting drunk in the plaza to on fire for God and a desire to be a missionary in 8 short months.

As I mentioned before we switched the location of where the new church plant meets about a month before I returned. In fact, the night of my going away party was the first night we had a big outreach activity to the neighbors. Since it was a week before Easter they showed the movie “The Passion” and went door to door to invite the entire neighborhood. During the visits they took time to pray and share with whoever was willing to listen. There were about 50 new children and adults who showed up for the movie. About 10 of them stayed around for my party afterwards. Through conversations with the youth back home I have been informed that about 15 of the neighbors continue to come every weekend and there are many youth that are stopping by the church throughout the week. One touching moment was watching Carolina reaching out to one of the children and giving her a pair of shoes. You could see the joy in the child through her smile and I was excited to see God using Carolina in this small way. God is continuing to use her in the lives of the girls who stop by and visit on a regular basis.

Here are some pictures of my going away party and my last day in Catamarca. I know that God will continue to be at work in the lives of each of the youth and this family that became my Argentine Family. Pray that God would bless their family as they open up the door to their house to the church and reach out to their neighbors. Pray for the marriage of Norma and Gustavo and that God would continue to bring peace into the family as they adjust to the new changes. Pray for healing in the lives of each of the youth as they open up their hearts and lives to God’s Word. We serve a great God who not only has the power to heal us but desires to restore us to Him and others.
Preparing the meat for the party...
Enjoying the meat... without dishes..!
Some of the local youth - Marite, Lizzy, Cristian and Mauricio
Gustavo and Me
Carla - Pray for her as she is struggling...
My Girls... Ale, Maria, Sole and Carolina
The whole "LLamas Rossi Family"
Norma, Jorge, Soledad, Carolina, Kris, Alejandra, Jose
In back - Maria / In front - Mauricio
Gustavo and Norma outside their home and church plant..!
Matias "Mauwe" and I at the terminal...

Scott and Ruth Millar -Still serving in Catamarca

No comments: