So, now that I am back home I have

a couple minutes to catch you up on my trip up North… at the end of my time in Argentina I had to head up
to Jujuy for my friend (and roommate in 2005’s) wedding. So, I took advantage of this time and brought my roommates with me for a little time away with just the three of them. We went first to Salta where they were born and raised and they were able to take me to some of their favorite spots. We spent a day with friends who
were going through a tough time which was a lot of fun to be able t

o encourage them. I was also able to do many things I’ve always wanted to do, but never could because I didn’t have access to a car. Some of the highlights of the time in Salta were going up to the look-out point both during the day and at night; being able to take the girls to the house they grew up in and to the cemetery where there father is (a couple of them have never been there and it is important for them as they deal with the loss of their father and their mother’s new marriage.); visiting with various friends and spending time just the four of us.
From Salta, we headed further North to Jujuy. The first day was spent in one

of the tourist
towns even further North… we then ended up taking the wrong route and going to an area called “Las Salinas”. I have also wanted to go there so I wasn’t too disappointed when we went out of our way to get there. It is a beautiful place that is full of salt, which looks a lot like snow. We then headed back to the city and found our hotel.
After touring the city I left the girls and went and saw my friends in
Jujuy. We had a surprise party planned for Naty in the Spa which was a blast and a much needed break from the chaos. Of course afterwards we headed back to her place for lots of food and presents. This was a good time to be with friends before heading back to the States.

Saturday after being able to take Sole, Caro and Maria to one of my favorite

places for lunch I spent the rest of the day relaxing in bed. I knew that if I didn’t get some sleep I wouldn’t be able to stay awake for the drive home on Sunday. Of course, we had full stomachs after eating a ton of fish and fries.
Sunday was the day of the wedding… one that I thoroughly enjoyed, not just because I was able to see my friends get married, but because they had a traditional Jewish wedding. Mirco,

Natalia’s husband is Jewish by birth and they had the religious portion of the wedding be a traditional one. It was neat to see the Rabi singing the blessings and pray over them while covering them. I always love to listen and see things that are culturally related to Jesus. After a tearful goodbye, I picked up the girls and we headed back to Catamarca for my last week with friends there…

1 comment:
Sounds like it was a busy last few days but lots of fun too. How cool to get to go to a traditional Jewish wedding! Glad to have you back up here though and it was great seeing you last week!!
Post a Comment