Living Life...

Living Life...

Friday, December 19, 2025

December 2025 – Storms and Blessings..!

December brought one of the worst storms we have had in Washington in years. In fact, I don’t remember a storm this bad that affected so many areas of Washington state. Thankfully, where we live, we were not personally affected by the storms, but it did affect some of our friends.

In fact, one of my co-workers could not get her car out of the parking lot and missed a few days of work stranded at home. Many friends were in the “Prepared to Go” evacuation routes.  

Major roads were closed affecting commutes and preventing quite a few of my co-workers from getting into work or arriving late on a daily basis. We didn’t end up cancelling school, but we were on high alert most days and we did keep a couple of the job groups back for a couple of the days.


I had friends in the Zone... 



Flooding in the valley... so crazy!



Green River was raging... 

Matthew and I were going to go to Snoqualmie Falls one of the nights but I had an intense migraine… I am pretty sure was due to the pressure of the storm. I wish that I had chosen to go anyways because the falls was intense and the next day the road was closed to even get to the water fall. 


Crazy how much can change in 48 hours... 


Flooding from the Falls... 



Flooding affected the wildlife too... 


Matthew and Cooper took some time to go and see the Cedar River… Matthew has never seen it raging as much as it was during the storm. I saw glimpses of it throughout the week but didn’t have time to stop and watch it like the boys did. 

Cedar River was raging

Lots of people were rescued!

US 2 - Road to Leavenworth collapsed... 

Some people lost their entire house in the storm... 


There was so much destruction from the storm... 
and so many people had to be rescued!



Crazy all the major roads that were closed... 


Even Green River College closed... 


Just when we thought we were done… another flood came through. Once again, we were worrying about the waters rising and the flood barriers breaking. They were close to breaking down in the valley near some of the schools. 




Crazy weather everywhere you look... 

410 was destroyed... 


Blizzard warnings added to the mix... 



Might as well add a little wind, right?


Thankfully, December was not all doom and gloom. The Seahawks were on a roll and winning game after game. We were able to win some of the most important rival games that we needed to win to clinch a spot in the playoffs. The game against the Rams was an exciting one. Not only did we make some records, but we ended up winning the game. We always struggle playing the rams, so it was stressful watching it. We were losing the majority of the game but had some amazing plays and three two-point conversions. One of them being when we picked up the ball not realizing that it was still an active ball. The other one being in overtime in which we went for it and ended up winning the game. 

We won in overtime... with a 2 Point Conversion... 


First time winning being down so far in the 4th...

We are going to the Playoffs!

Picked is up to hand to the ref... ended up scoring 2-points!



What a celebration... 

Look at that score... 

I was working on two different devotionals during December… one was with my small group and the other was more of a personal one. I was able to catch up and finish Jesus Over Everything… “Forgiving What you can’t Forget” on the other hand, I know will take me a lot longer to go through as I want to go through it slowly so I can process it and allow it to heal me so I can truly forgive. 


Some of the quotes that spoke to me:

Either it takes a lot to break me... or...
I'm not very good at letting people know how I am really doing!

So true... God walked with me through it all... 

I definitely had to trust in Him... 

This is not an easy lesson to learn... 

No comments: