I love Christmas time because of the extra time I have to spend with friends and family. This year, we got out of school very close to Christmas which made the break seem even longer… since most of the time off came after the Holiday. We did not make a lot of plans for my break other than a couple of doctor appointments. I needed time to just be refreshed, spend time with people and get the house in order.
I started the break hanging out at Jimmy and Karen’s for a few hours. It had been forever since I have gone over to just visit and Aliya and Simon coming into town was the perfect excuse to do so. I didn’t realize how much I missed seeing them all until just recently. It is crazy how close we live to one another and how busy we have gotten… in fact, I have seen Kim more often and she lives in Texas… something that needs to be rectified. I had a wonderful visit with Karen and enjoyed hanging out with the kids and just watching them interact and play games together.
It is crazy how big all the kids have
gotten… I remember when they were just kids running around the house and now,
they are starting to have kids of their own. The Holidays are starting to look differently,
which has been a hard transition for me. I love my family and every minute I
have with them… but I also know that as they grow, they will start having time with
their individual families… so for now I am grateful for the moments we do get…
and the pictures when we are not together. With people living in different
states, I am super grateful for the pictures…
Matthew and I have been blessed at our
new church… especially connecting with Jaelynn and Kory each week. We were
pleasantly surprised to find out that Katie and Tim started going to the church
as well just before Christmas. We all sat together for the Christmas Eve
Service. It is so fun to have two of my friends from my youth at church with me
again. My heart has been so full lately. Even though Tim and Katie go to a
different service we catch glimpses of them coming in when we are leaving the
church. Just saying hello and connecting briefly warms my heart. I know that
God has brought us to this church for this time.
Matthew and I continued our tradition
of opening presents on Christmas Eve. Of course, we made Mom, Dad and Coooper
join in on the tradition this year. This allowed for us to have a relaxing
Christmas morning… I was even able to score not having to do anything for Christmas
lunch… since we did brunch and Dad and Mom did the breakfast food… it was the
perfect way to celebrate. I was able to spend the morning doing my Quiet Time!
Karen invited the extended family over
for Christmas Dessert… unfortunately only Carey and Lucky were able to make it…
along with our entire family. We had an amazing time visiting and the rest of
the family got to meet Lucky. We spent lots of time visiting and the guys
played some pool of course. Plus, we took our yearly pictures.







.jpg)







































No comments:
Post a Comment