Living Life...

Living Life...

Sunday, November 30, 2025

November 2025 – Switching Churches… Connecting with Women… Thanksgiving..!

November was a month full of emotions. I feel like in a sense it was one in which I was able to turn a corner somewhat. A weight was lifted from my shoulders to some degree… and although everything didn’t go back to normal… and I knew that they wouldn’t… I had an idea of what direction they were going for the first time in months. I was finally able to start the process of moving forward.  I think one of the hardest things as I started moving forward was the realization that the person who hurt me so deeply has not once made an effort to apologize or acknowledge that she did anything wrong… I can’t grasp how she justifies it, but I honestly believe that she doesn’t think she did anything wrong and it blows my mind. I’m still in the process of grieving a friendship and seeking new ones to replace it.

I was pushed too far... now I am having to regain my sense of control... 

Of course, humor also helps… so I continued to find memes on Facebook and share my favorites with others when I do find them.

Perfect meme to share with Matthew... since I am older than him!

Matthew likes to joke that I buy him Seahawks clothes so I can steal it... 

I may not like dogs... but I can learn from dog people...
I'm not feeling very friendly these days... 

Government was shut down way too long... 
they started making memes about it. 

Not quite a meme... it was a Facebook memory, but it still made me laugh...


Another way that I was blessed in November is with another trip where my sister was able to come stay with me. This time she spent a little more time at our house, and we started the process of decorating my walls again. Everything has been off the walls since before the remodel… and now it was time to decide what was going back up and what new things I was going to put up. It was finishing touches to make it our house and make it feel just a little homier. 

We came up with ideas for these pictures... more to come!

I love how the Family Wall turned out... 

If nothing else, my times with the Lord have been very sweet lately. I have been faithful to spend time in the Word in the mornings before going to work and on the weekends, I spend extra long times with God. I love being able to sit on my spot on the couch with worship music, mate and God. I know that it is through these times with God that eventually my heart will be healed.


Amen... I know I can trust God

Yes, and Amen!

I need to remember this prayer daily... 


My Quiet Time Spot... 


One night, I was lying in bed looking at Facebook and I saw pictures of the Northern Lights… so I raced outside to see if we could see them from our house. I was pleasantly surprised to see them from my spot. They were so beautiful that I went and found Cooper and had him come outside and enjoy them with me. He enjoyed the experience… 


I love the colors... it was so dark out without the camera



I love how they looked with the clouds... 


Cooper and I... and how dark it really was!

As I mentioned last month, Matthew has been slowly getting me used to the idea of switching churches. He really wanted me to have a women’s group to support me. Unfortunately, the church we were attending did not have an active women’s ministry in the evenings. They had an event a few times a year but that was it. The majority of the events occurred during the day when I was working… which made it really hard to connect with the other women. They also did not have a women’s weekend away the entire time we had been attending the church. I didn’t have the capacity to start a new event or plan something myself, but I need to be around other women.

We also got reconnected with one of my friends from my youth. I played soccer with Jaelynn when I was in 5th grade and then went to school with her when we were teenagers. We graduated together from Kentridge and then participated in the same young adults’ program at Faith. Her husband Kory and I went to youth group together so I also knew him well and knew that he would get along great with Matthew.

While we were in Europe, they started going to the church I always called the “Rolling Golf Course” church or the “Barn Church”… since when we moved into my house when I was a youth it was a golf course but years later it became a church. I never paid any attention to the name of it. We decided to attend church with them the first Sunday in November. Unfortunately, we waited so long because the following weekend was the Women’s Retreat and I didn’t have time to get connected and go… but there is always next year.

We enjoyed the sermon and atmosphere, so we returned the following week, and I found out about the Women’s Bible Study on Monday nights and attended the next day. The group was so welcoming, and I instantly felt at home. It is hard for me to switch churches, but sometimes you know the decision is the right one. No one from my old church ever reached out to find out where we were or what was going on… with everything I had going on already, I had to process that as well. I knew that I couldn’t keep carrying everything on my own. I need support… I need a group of women who will help me carry my burdens and who I can lift up in prayers and encourage.

So, now we are officially going to New Community Church in Maple Valley. It feels amazing to have a friend that will text me on Sunday morning to see if I am coming or text me to let me know they missed me if we are not able to make it. I am so excited to see how God uses this change to continue to bless us and draw us closer to Him. 

My Boys... Cooper and Matthew

First Women's Study in 6 years... 
Last one was online during Covid


The weekend before Thanksgiving our long-awaited Women’s Weekend Away finally arrived. Jaelynn, Fawn, Cassie and I were finally going away to the ocean together. We first started talking about this on the movie night in September and then we created a messenger group to continue planning it. I love little escapades like this where we can just get away and relax for the weekend.

It was a much-needed weekend away for all of us for different reasons. Jaelynn was kind enough to drive us all since she had the biggest vehicle. We split the cost of the house on the beach and bought a bunch of food to share. We wanted simple meals to eat and snacks throughout the weekend. 

Drinking Yerba Mate on the drive... 

Driving into Aberdeen... oh so close


We got into town a little before we were allowed into the AirBnB and it was on a timed lock, so we parked and took a walk down to the beach. The weather may not have cooperated with us for the weekend but at least it was not pouring down rain. I absolutely love the ocean and cold, windy weather was not going to stop me from enjoying it with girlfriends. 


We made it to the beach... 


Seahawks house... so cool

One of my Happy Spots - The beach


Pinecones have a lot of meaning for our group… mainly of pranks that have been going on for years… starting back in 2017 or so when Jaelynn, Fawn, Katie and I were on a Women’s Retreat with Faith. There was so much laughter and good times involved that the pinecones came back… to bring about the same laughter and good times. Jaelynn in her sweet nature also made us all gift bags for the weekend. 

Pinecone Weekend... 

Gift Bag from Jaelynn... 


When we were finally able to get into the house, we quickly unloaded the vehicle and then chose our rooms. Cassie took the Master bedroom. Jaelynn and Fawn took the room that had two beds, which left me in the other room with a single bed. I wasn’t too worried since I was only going to be in the room to sleep.

After getting our rooms set up, we gathered some snacks and then played some video games. I couldn’t handle Mario Cart for very long since it made me nauseas, but it was fun to visit with them while they played. We then laughed as we played a dancing game. There was so much laughter all weekend, which is what I needed after so many months of stress and pain. We also shared about life… what was going on in our current life and a little more about our past. It is crazy to think how much you don’t know about someone you grew up with… how much pain people hide in their life. So often, people put on a smile, and it appears as if everything is hunky dory but behind closed doors it may not be. I was reminded just how much I was blessed with the family I grew up with.

After playing video games and visiting we decided to watch a movie. Partway through, we put dinner in the oven and finished the movie with dinner. Of course, there were also lots of snacks to eat as we watched the movies. We finished the night playing a game of “Go Redneckin” a hilarious version of the Game of Life. I ended up winning the game and having the most teeth at the end. 

Our supply of snacks...

Playing video games...

Lots of laughter... 

Dancing... of so funny to watch

Fawn's dinner & table

Jaelynn was the banker


What a hilarious game... 


Never know how many children you will have... or teeth you'll lose


More laughter before bed... 

Saturday was a super relaxing day. We all ended up sleeping in and eating breakfast on our own when we woke up. After we were all awake, we took another walk down to the ocean during one of the rain breaks. Cassie was washing her clothes so she froze in her shorts on the beach… and I forgot my coat at home so I froze as well… but once again… it was so worth it to be able to hear the sound of the waves and just marvel at the power of God. 

Our rental house for the weekend... 

Our private path to the beach... 

Jaelynn ready to run to the water... 

There she goes... 


So grateful for these ladies... 

Pinecone Hats from Jaelynn... 



Cold but happy...


Birds in the water... 


Fawn found a log... 



Finally got it with the water surrounding her.. 


We were able to get ahold of Susy and Dan Jacobs since they lived so close to where we were staying. They were just arriving back in town, so they stopped by to visit for a bit. They made recommended that after dinner we drive down to the ocean and watch all the people clamming with their flashlights on their heads… of course, we took them up on their recommendations after lounging around the house all day. It was magnificent to see all the lights in the distance. We then stopped their house for another visit and to see Rachel and the family for a few minutes when they got home. They were in town for a short visit and none of us had been able to see them yet.

I loved that we were able to stay long enough to hug them and the kids and hear a little about their ministry. God is doing exciting things in their lives… with the expansion of the hospital and fulfilling Rachel’s dream of teaching by building a small school. Matthew, Cooper, and I love being able to support them and their ministry. 

First visit with Dan and Susy... 


Soo cool with the head flashlights... 



We stayed and watched for awhile... 



So fun to see the kids... they have gotten so big!
Grandma is in heaven having them in town!



Fun impromptu visit with Rachel and Family


Sunday came way too quickly… and since we were not able to extend our time at the AirBnB we decided to find things to do in town before heading home. We visited the local lighthouse and ate lunch at a seafood restaurant… which is something I try to do whenever I go to the ocean. We then made our trip home… and I watched the game in the back seat while we drove. It was sad to say goodbye, but I know that we will get together again soon… especially since now I go to church with Jaelynn I will be seeing her a lot more. 


Light house... 


Love me some Halibut


Enjoying the ocean one last time... 





Until next time... 


May have not been sick when I left... but it was going around work
and after letting myself relax... I ended up getting sick!

While I was gone, the devotional from my Monday night study arrived, so I had to play catch up. I had some extra time because I also ended up getting sick, so I missed some time at work recovering… I guess it is a good thing I didn’t have any parents that wanted to do conferences since I was out sick that day. I did go back the last day before Thanksgiving Break. I’m just grateful that I started feeling better before Thanksgiving and we didn’t have to cancel our plans.

On Thanksgiving Day, Chris and Sarah came over with the kids. They brought the majority of the main course. I ended up only doing a couple sides and easy things like pickles, olives, and rolls. It was perfect since my energy level was low after being sick at the beginning of the week. It was a very relaxing day of eating, visiting, and playing a game to end the day.

The next day, we did round two and invited German, Mariah and the kids over as well as the Dellicker’s and Erin and her daughters. It was originally planned so that Mason could see everyone during his home stay. He only had four days at home until graduation in a few weeks and wanted to spend it with loved ones. Matthew tried to do a bonfire for him, but it had been raining too much and everything was so wet that after a minute the fire went out. 


Jesus Over Everything - Monday Night Study


Lots of quiet time and catching up... 


Making "Red Stuff" to surprise Matthew

Chris made the turkey

Thanksgiving Spread... 

Cooper drooling over dessert

Mason enjoying all the food

Games with the Dellickers... 

Happy Thanksgiving... 

Selfie with Sarah

Dellicker's

My favorite - Leftover turkey sandwiches

All grown up... 


Trying to start a fire... 


Went for a minute... 


Playing games... 

Buddies... 


Chris and Sarah
with Mason


Sand Family (Plus Matthew)

The Girls...


We ended the month with a visit from Alyssa and the kids. I was able to get my fix of cuddles with the kids. Hudson is getting so big… standing and crawling everywhere. God has been blessing Alyssa and providing direction and next steps for her. She is looking into getting a place of her own with the kids. It’s going to be a lot of work as a single mother, but I know that she has what it takes. She has a lot of drive and passion for those kids… plus an army praying for her. 

Sweet Hudson

All smiles... 

Christopher 'Look'

Cuddles with my twins... 


All smiles... standing up!

Time with Papa

No comments: