Living Life...

Living Life...

Friday, October 31, 2025

October 2025 – Lots of Sports and Friends that are Like Family..!

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I love sports… I enjoyed playing them growing up and I have always loved watching them. Somehow, I married someone who does not have the same passion for watching sports as I do… not sure how that is. So, I have to pick and choose what sports/teams I am going to watch so that I don’t ditch him all year to watch games. He bears with it during football season so I can watch the Seahawks and Huskies… and all the other teams, I just keep up to date with online. He does ask me how the games went and listens to me talk all about it when the game is over…

Of course, when one of my teams make it to the playoffs, I can’t help myself and want to watch the games… so October was full of games…not just with football season being full swing but with the Mariners making it to the playoffs. Some nights, I watched two games at once (thankful for my TV and Kindle and Youtube TV). It was such an exciting time to be a Seattle Fan… 

Watching Huskies and Mariners... 


Mariners win and are heading on... 


AI - Hmmm... A little early to say who won
Unfortunately... it wasn't wrong!

Huskies also won the game... it was a good night!

Cal had an amazing year... 


Games during the workday were brutal... 
YouTube TV was a lifesaver...
Thankful to be able to glance at my phone and see the score!




Mariners started strong and then let them catch back up...


He was one of my favorite players... pointed back to God!

Enjoying the games on the couch... 



Suarez hit a Grand Slam... so fun!



Back to Toronto we went with the lead... 



We were hoping to win game 6...
But no such luck!



Game 7 was on during the Seahawks Game...
You can see which took priority on the big screen now!


Loving my sports time... 


It was a hard fought game... 
but in the end the Mariners lost... 



As mentioned in previous posts… life has been hard lately. I know that often my coping mechanism for trials is avoidance… partially why I enjoyed the numerous sports games I was able to watch throughout the month… I also get myself super involved in work… which is helpful since I have been so busy at work and it kept me plowing through all that needed to get done.

 I was holding onto my faith every ounce… spending time in the Word… and the memes have helped refocus me on God. What I didn’t have was a support system at church. I felt like something was missing… I could go into church and unless I approached someone to talk to them, no one talked to me except for one or two people… Matthew could tell it was wearing on me not having a support system and started talking about looking for a new church. He knew I would need time to process it… so he planted the seed in conversation and allowed me to process the information through the month of October. 


I love tea... and God's Word... 
What a perfect reminder to meditate on God's Word


Yes... Exhausterwhelmulated was how I felt in October...
I have definitely been overthinking things...!


He didn't leave me through it all... 

I am very good at holding it in... 

My students brought me joy... I do love my job!


Of course, humor also helps...


One thing I wasn’t going to miss was Family Day with Mason. As I mentioned previously, he has been away at military school… and this was the first opportunity to see him since he left. I was super excited to hear his stories and give him a hug. We had an amazing day visiting with Mason, hearing stories from him about his time and how much he was enjoying his time and all that he was learning, seeing how respectful and excited he was, and hearing from all the staff how much they respected Mason and his leadership in the program. 

Sarah got to check him out for the day... 


Lots of hugs all around... 


Sharing about all his badges... 

Love me some Mason time... 


He was spoiled for the day... 


They took a group shot... 


Having to say goodbye... 


Goodbye to Grandpa too... 

The next day was the day that Alyssa and the kids came over to visit. It was a busy weekend, but I wouldn’t give up either of these activities for anything. I love the time I have with Alyssa and the kids. She has some big decisions to make in regards to their futures and it is good to be able to talk to her and help her walk through some of the decisions… as she seeks to do what is best for the kids. Hudson is growing up so fast right before our eyes… I imagine he will be walking before I know it… we’ll probably have to child-proof the house even better in the future. 


Sweet Hudson... 



Amelia and Christopher


Amelia always finds Matthew... 


Such sweet kids... 


I know that I mentioned the loss of my student back in August, but being in Norway, it didn’t really hit me until I was home and interacting with the family. This is the third student I have had pass away… but this one hit me harder… I think it is because the other two were sick and we knew that it could happen any day… Trev on the other hand… was healthy and it was so unexpected.  We ended up having a memorial at TOP where we invited the family and staff members who wanted to reminisce about him. We created a scrapbook of Trev for the family that I was able to bring to the family’s memorials service for him and his Dad. A handful of us were able to attend the family one… and it was so good to be there and process with so many people that loved them. He will forever live in our hearts. 

Cookies that were made in his honor... 
He loved Ghosts... Peppa Pig... Pushing Chairs... and Rain

Finishing the Scrapbook... 

Such a loss... 

In honor of Trev... I even bought a ghost sweatshirt... 


Matthew bought me a new mate setup for car rides... 


 

No comments: