One thing that refreshes me is the
beauty of nature. Any chance I can get, I take the time to enjoy the beauty of
all that He has created. We had another episode of Northern Lights,
unfortunately I was not able to get good pictures this time around... but I did get other beautiful pictures.
Unfortunately, we were so busy in
September that we didn’t have a chance to see Alyssa and the kids, so I had to
make do with pictures that she sent us. They are absolutely adorable and I will
take anything I can get. It is crazy to believe the twins are already four
years old and Hudson will be turning one. They grow up so fast.
September I was swamped with getting
caught up on work. Matthew ended up finally going to Boston to do trials for
upcoming prosthetics. Cooper went along with him, which allowed me to have
extra time to work and rest in the evenings. Taking on the new role included a
lot of extra planning, organization, and training. I love the role, but it has kept
me hopping.
Since we lost multiple certificated staff
members over the summer, we could not hire them all. We found out that the open
position went into the “Pool” and that someone was going to be taking it. We
had no idea how it would turn out as we have no control when a position is in
the pool. Multiple scenarios went through our mind… a teacher was being forced
to move buildings and did not want to come to TOP, they were not qualified for
TOP… and on and on. Thankfully, it all ended well as one of our former paras
chose the position. Not only did he want to come to TOP, but he also knew the
program. He fit well into our team and was an asset to the program. Of course,
that meant we had to shift caseloads. In
the end, I ended up giving up half the Achieve students and splitting it with
one of the teachers who is planning on retiring.
As I work through my personal struggles,
I knew that I didn’t want to do the same thing that others did for me. Back
when I had conflict with my mother-in-law, she forced people to choose between
remaining friends with me, and remaining friends with her. I was not going to
do that… regardless of how hurt I was. Those who know me well know that I don’t
do well with personal conflict. It eats away at me… and this situation is no
different. Even though I have no desire for reconciliation, it still sucks. I
know God will walk me through it all… I don’t know how it will all end out but
I have trust He has a plan in it all.
Not only were the work weeks busy but
so were the weekends. Football season started back up, so amidst the busyness,
I also enjoyed watching the games. One of the weekends, Jim and Josie came over
from Montana to visit us. It was the first time they made it to our place, and
it was so much fun to host them. Matthew makes it out to see them a couple
times a year, but I don’t always get to go with him because of work.
One of the weekends, Matthew and Cooper went on a Men’s Retreat at Canon Beach with a small group of guys. On this weekend, I decided to go over to Jaelynn’s for a movie night with the girls. It was on a Friday night, so I went right after work. I ended up staying until just after 3:00 in the morning. It was a much-needed time of fellowship with other women. Although I didn’t know the majority of the people, there was a group that were old friends from back in the day. This evening sparked a desire for us to go away on a girls’ weekend away. The next day, I went to the church for Josiah and Kaylee’s wedding reception. It was another great time of fellowship catching up with a bunch of old friends at Faith.
The following week, Kim was in town, so I was able to host her off and on throughout the week. She went back and forth between our house, visiting the girls, and her friends in Bonney Lake. I love having my sister in town and the evenings I get to spend with her.















No comments:
Post a Comment