Living Life...

Living Life...

Wednesday, August 6, 2025

Europe 2025 – Part 3 – Missed Port and Isle of Man..!

The night before our Liverpool stop, we found out that it was going to be cancelled. There was a huge storm coming in and the port was closed. Of course, we were bummer to miss out on our Chester excursion but glad that it was a country that we had already been to, and we didn’t miss out on one of the other countries. We also preferred staying safe than trying to risk going into the middle of a storm.

In order to avoid the storm, the ship changed courses slightly and we spent an extra day out at sea. The water was choppier than before, so I was glad I came prepared with patches to counter motion sickness. This was going to be a day of rest for Matthew already but ended up being a day of rest for everyone else too. They planned extra activities on the ship which some of the group decided to take part in. 

No Chester Half-Day - But we got reimbursed

I did enjoy the extra Day at Sea Brunch though... 


Enjoying the sun as it rose... 


I decided to have a relaxing morning. After breakfast, I did laps around the ship since I still wanted to get my 10,000 steps in for the day. The weather out at sea was absolutely beautiful. One would not know that there was a storm closer to the ports. After walking, I had an extra-long quiet time back in the room.

Walking laps outside...

Quiet time inside...

Wearing their matching clothes... 

Carrie just relaxing... 

We had extra time to hang out together and visit and play games around the ship. Matthew was resting so I spent extra time with my family and let him sleep and recover. 

Playing dice games...

I also spent time thinking about life… I started to realize that life at home was going to be hard. At the time I didn’t know how hard… in life we often have people who we thought were our friends that betray us in ways we never expected. I’m not one that is good with conflict. In fact, those who know me well… know that I avoid conflict if I can… but sometimes it is unavoidable. I don’t have many friends… so it is hard to lose one of the few that I have. 

Sitting on our balcony thinking about life... 

When life gets hard... I start looking for Memes...
This one hit me pretty hard. 
So grateful for a God who walks with me through the hard times. 

You learn who your friends are quickly when you see 
what they do when you are not around... 

The entertainment that night was my favorite of the night. The game show Deal or No Deal and then the Love and Marriage Show. Matthew decided to get up and enjoy the evening entertainment with us. 

Post-dinner ice cream


A night of Game Shows... 



Asking for volunteers...
Matthew wanted to volunteer... 



JD and Heather almost got picked... 
An entertaining Show it was... 


August 6th – Matthew and I spent our anniversary touring the Isle of Man. No one had any excursions for the day, and we split up into Kim and Keb hanging out with their friends and the family group spending the day together.

 The family group decided to get up earlier to head into town. We had to take a water boat from the ship to get onto the Isle of Man. We picked up our tickets for an early time slot so we could leave whenever we wanted to. Of course, we didn’t wake up super early but also didn’t sleep in too late. 



We arrived at port... 


Watching them lower the vessel next to our balcony... 
it was fun watching the process. 



Waiting for our time slot to exit... 


On the small vessel... 
Parents Group & Kids Group... 


We had a lot of fun hanging out with Carrie... 



Got some amazing pictures... 



Exiting the transfer vessel... 



It's ready to go back for more guests... 


We arrived... Douglas, Isle of Man




We spent a few hours touring Douglas Isle of Man. It is known for The Bee Gees who were all born in Douglas. Also, they are known for the TT (Tourist Trophy) Races. It is a deadly motorcycle race that has taken place on the Island since 1907.
Of course, we looked at all the tourist attractions we could and shopped for our souvenirs. Since it was a walking tour, Matthew did not want to stay out all day, nor did I. So, our group headed back after a couple hours. We saw all we wanted to. We made it back at the perfect time and didn’t have a line to get back on the ship. It gave us plenty of time to rest before the evening activities.

Ready for the walking tour... 





Enjoyed the history... 



We found the Bee Gees... 
They were born on Isle of Man


Loved our ship in the background.... 



Lots of gardens on the Isle of Man


Welcome to Douglas... 


TT Race Pictures... 


Loved the architect of the church... 


The building were so amazing... 





Touring the city... 



On our way back to the ship... 



We found the paparazzi... 



Heading back to our cruise ship... 




The other group went to the Island later than us and were stuck in a LONG line to get back on the ship. The wasted a lot of time in that line. Barely making it back in time to get cleaned up and ready for the fancy pictures before dinner. 

Kim and Keb finally touring... 



Drinks for the road... 


I loved the fact that our anniversary was the other night for fancy pictures and dinner. Thankfully Matthew was feeling well enough to get dressed up and take pictures (although he was in a lot of pain from the days’ activities). He endured the pictures, didn’t eat much of dinner though. 


Getting all dressed up with my love... 
Happy 14th Anniversary!


He wanted me to take solo pictures too... 
with my glasses on!

Group Photo...!


More fancy pictures... 


Parents looking good... 

Group on the staircase!

Kim & Family

Our Anniversary Dinner

Yummy pasta... 

Shots for the table... 

Lobster

During dinner, the magician came to our table and decided to do a magic trip on me since he found out it was our anniversary. He wrote something on a piece of paper. He asked me a couple questions. Afterwards, he told me to think of a number. Finally, he showed me what he wrote on the paper. It was pretty shocking to find the number I was thinking written on the paper!

How did he do that???


Pictures on our balcony... 


Matthew and I were not planning on going to the nighttime parties… which is a good thing since Matthew wasn’t feeling well enough to go anyways. I would stop by and get some pictures when I went to fill up our drink containers for the night. Of course, I also got pictures from my sister. They looked like they all had fun. Dancing it not my jam though… so I was happy to go back to the room with my love.  


The friend group dancing the night away... 



They enjoyed the white night party... 


No comments: