The first port we stopped at on our
cruise was Cobh, Ireland. We didn’t book any excursions for this port, as we
planned to just walk around and check out the local pubs and there was a lot to
see right off the ship.
One of the things Cobh is famous for
is being the last port of call for the Titanic before it sunk. There were lots
of artifacts about the Titanic and a museum. Unfortunately, we didn’t book the
museum in time, so we were not able to go see it.
Someone took a picture of Matthew and I behind the doors...
After our failed experience at the
bar, we decided to split up, and people could tour around and see what they
wanted to see for the rest of the day. We were too big of a group to eat together,
and we had different interests. Kim and Keb hung out with their friends and
Matthew and I hung out with the rest of the family.
Matthew and I headed back to the ship earlier than the others. We saw what we wanted to see, bought our souvenirs and gifts, and Matthew needed to rest. He can’t endure walking around all day, and I’m ok with that. He has been a trooper on this trip, and I am so thankful that we came.
After dinner, we gave the comedy show
a try… it didn’t take long for most of us to decide that we didn’t like it. We
ended up leaving before it was over… I mean, since we didn’t pay, why stay. Some
went and played games, while Matthew and I called it an early night. The next
way was going to be a long one for us.
Our next port was Wales. Matthew and I booked a train excursion with Kim and Keb. I was super excited to spend the day seeing the countryside of Wales. It was going to be a long day, but at least there was not much walking involved. We had to meet at 7:45 in the morning, which meant an early morning for me. If you know me, you know that I have to eat breakfast in the morning. I got up with enough time to get ready, run up to deck 9 for a quick breakfast and still make it back down to the meeting room by 7:45.
The front of the bus was reserved seating, so Matthew and I had a front row view, with the best views for the trip. We also got to joke back and forth with the tour guide along the way. The day was a mix of rain and sun which made for a great mix of pictures… I loved it all.
Here is a description of our tour:
Scenic Snowdonia: Embark
on a scenic coach tour through the farmlands of Anglesey, crossing the Menai
Strait to Snowdonia National Park. Continue through the charming Beddgelert
village in the Colwyn Valley, known for its traditional stone-built cottages
and the picturesque Colwyn River.
Festiniog Railway: Arrive in the vibrant coastal town of
Porthmadog, once a thriving slate port connected to Blaenau Ffestiniog by the
historic Ffestiniog Railway that has been meticulously restored and reopened.
Hop aboard the steam-hauled train for an enchanting 1hour and 15 minutes ride
following the original railway route, including a fascinating spiral section at
Dduallt, to reach the slate-mining town of Blaenau Ffestiniog.
Country to Coast: Continue the adventure through the scenic Vale of
Ffestiniog, the captivating Crimea Pass, and the alpine-like Betws-y-Coed, a
Victorian resort nestled amongst conifer-clad crags, historic bridges,
waterfalls, and serene countryside. Enjoy a delightful lunch before taking in
the beauty of Llanberis Pass at the foot of majestic Mount Snowdon. Finally,
descend to lower ground and explore the fertile plains of Anglesey and the
coastal town of Holyhead.
Towards the end of the adventure, we
stopped for lunch which was provided as part of the excursion. We didn’t have a
choice on what we ate… and we all crammed into the restaurant. There was a
couple that was NOT happy about the seating arrangements that Matthew and I were
going to have to sit with but we were able to have them switch with Sydney and Elizabeth
so instead of eating with grumpy people we were able to enjoy a peaceful lunch with
the girls. The food was edible.. not what I would have chosen. We ate quickly,
then took what time we had left over to look for our souvenirs of Wales.
Matthew went back to the bus while I finished my shopping. We then finished the
trip enjoying the rest of the views.


















































































































































































No comments:
Post a Comment