Living Life...

Living Life...

Saturday, July 19, 2025

July 2025 – First Few Weeks..!

Summer is supposed to be a time for me to slow down and relax… I think I forgot to schedule in time to “Slow down” this year. It has been a different pace and different activities but as crazy as ever.

I’m not sure how many people I have shared this with, but I opened up a business in the spring. We flipped our first house last year, and even with all the complications that came up decided that we wanted to continue to flip houses so I went through the process of officially starting an LLC. With the help of our realtor, we were able to find another house to flip. This time it was vacant, and we didn’t have to go through the process of evicting anyone… of course, that came with its own challenges. I have been lots of research on laws and changing over utilities into my name after purchasing the house. Come to find out it is a lot more complicated of a process if the power has been off for over a year. I was able to get the LNI safety inspection scheduled quickly, and we passed the inspection, so they approved the power to be restored. Also, the water company gave us quite the scare when they told me they needed to add up our bill before they would restart the water for us. After sweating it out for a couple nights, we found out we owed a total of $19.31. Not bad considering the owners flooded the house when they were evicted. I was able to get all utilities up and running in less than a week. Our contractor has been busy working on the house and hopefully it will be on the market and sold this summer. We always pray before purchasing a house. Since this is not our main income, we have no reason to rush into anything. We can wait for the one that God has for us and take time to pray and be a little more picky… for the most part, all I have had to do is make phone calls and sign some papers. The contractor and his team does all the real work. 


Lots of research and learning

Although I didn’t participate in the interviews for teachers this year, I have been involved in the ones for the para-educators this summer. It has been nice being able to go to work sporadically throughout the summer and touch base with staff, so we are prepared for the upcoming year. We have 8 open positions for paras, so we are hoping to get most of the filled, so we don’t have to rely on agency staff next year. Thankfully, we’ve had some pretty good candidates apply.

The 4th of July is one of Matthew’s favorite Holidays which is something he had in common with Jim. We knew this year we could not miss the party at Mariah’s mom’s house… it was going to be a special occasion to honor her father, Jim. Throughout the day there were little things that reminded us about him and stories that were shared. I think there were around 100 people that showed up for the occasion and what a party it was. My parents even came with Cooper for a short period of time. There were too many people for them, so they didn’t end up staying too long. 

All decked out.... 

Bought in honor of Jim... who loves poker!

A toast for Jim... 


Hanging out in our "Spot"



Enjoying the food... 


Everyone raved on Mom's Blackberry Cobbler... 


Dyana... always on the move

Enjoying the fireworks... 


In honor of Jim... 

Good times with Mariah

July is when the weather starts getting nicer, so after the 4th, Matthew set up my Happy Spot outside so I could start doing my Bible study outside. I have so missed this even though I love my comfy spot on the couch. There is something about studying the Word of God out in nature that always makes my happy. This is one thing that I have added to my almost daily routine that makes me enjoy my summers off work. Extra long quiet times with worship music and mate. 

Loving my quiet times spot... 

On July 5th, Matthew and I headed over to the Denney’s for Alex’s wedding. He called us about a week beforehand to find out if we received the invitation to his wedding since he hadn’t RSVP’d. Matthew spent a lot of time with Alex, discipling him, since he was in middle school. We are so glad he took the time to call and make sure we knew about the wedding. It is one that we wouldn’t have missed. Since it was in the backyard at his parents’ house, they did not invite a ton of people, so it was an honor to be one of the few that made the list. It was a very special wedding. Listening to the love they have for one another and how God started working on their love story from the day they met. It was fun catching up with some of the other guests that we had not seen in awhile also. 


Alex and his father-in-law

Andy encouraging his son, the ring bearer

Such a cutie... 

Alex... in tears watching his bride


Reading their vows... 


Andy and his son


Enjoying the food and conversation... 


My date to the wedding... 

On July 8th, we celebrated Cooper’s birthday. It was more of a relaxing day, as Matthew overdid it over the weekend and Cooper doesn’t like big crowds. We bought him his favorite ice cream, since he enjoys it more than cake. We gave him his gifts which he absolutely loved and watched a movie together. I also made dinner for the three of us, since my Mom went to a sister’s slumber party at my Aunt’s house for a couple of nights. Cooper did get a “Birthday message” from Alyssa’s mom that included a picture of the kids and some calls and messages from other friends that made his day. 

Happy Birthday Papa

Gifts - Part 1

Devotionals... 


Gifts Part 2- New Kindle... 


July 12th, Matthew and I headed to Nolte State Park to celebrate the adoption of Mason and Lily. It was an honor to be at the courthouse for the ceremony and now to celebrate with them once again and see Mason before he heads off to Washington Youth Academy for the next 5+ months. I am going to miss him, but I know that God has a great plan for him and will use this experience to grow him in ways he never imagined. It was a great time catching up with people throughout the evening. Some of my youth even showed up for the occasion. Keep the Dellicker’s in your prayers as God continues to build their family. Adoption is a beautiful thing… we are adopted into the family of God… but it also comes with a string of emotions as children grow and process what lead to needing to be adopted. Chris is an amazing man of God and I know he will lead his family well. 

Quiet time before we headed out... 

Weston and Matthew

Spending time with my girls... 

Mason and a friend... 

Saying goodbye to the boy... 

The Girls... 

Dellicker Family

So proud of Mason... 

After the party, we raced home to see Seth before he headed back to Texas and off to Peru. God is at work in his life… giving him a heart for missions which makes my heart full. I have loved the extra time we have been able to spend with him this past month since he has been coming over to the house more often to visit and will miss him while he is gone. Only God knows what his next steps are… but I am praying that he has clear guidance and will be faithful to follow the plan. 

Going to miss Seth too... 


Cooper had an eye out for this guy... 



Quiet time in the shade... 


Going out to dinner... 

Another thing that I have started back up this summer is walking. It has been years since I have been faithful in walking. I have been wanting to get back into the habit but something always seems to get in the way… between life, working on my National Boards, getting injured, or whatnot. But, I decided I am going to just do it. Even if it is just a mile or two a couple days a week… hopefully I can progress to more than that with time. I even splurged and bought new shoes since my old ones were worn out. I imagine I will be doing a lot of walking in Europe so I need to get prepared as best as possible before hand. 

Walking is the thing on my list...
So, I finally just started doing it!


Walking the neighborhood... 


Had to get new shoes... 

No comments: