May was a crazy month… with all the days I had to miss at work. June was even busier… with not only having to work full time but also taking care of Matthew in the evenings. There were also a bazillion appointments to fit in… most that I was able to schedule before work. To top it off, we ended up having an ant invasion in the house. Thankfully Cooper and my mom did some research to find a company that would come out to the house.
One day while I was working, Matthew called me to let me know that we were going to redo the asphalt on the driveway. It has been years since it was done, and it was in desperate need of an upgrade. Of course, he was able to score a discount since they were in the area working on a neighbor’s house. The only inconvenience was having to park on the grass by the well house for two nights while it dried. After a few weeks, we noticed a couple areas that could have been done better, but I guess you get what you pay for.
Matthew’s first post-surgery outing
was to Elizabeth’s graduation party. He did not stay long but he didn’t want to
miss it. We both watched Elizabeth grow up and become the amazing lady she is today…
I still cannot believe she has graduated and is heading to college in the fall.
Work ended on a positive note. My
paras were amazing while I was away and kept things running smoothly,
especially my student teacher Tracie. I was happy to find out that she was
hired into one of the open teacher positions. The other teacher we hired was
Christy, who was one of my teachers when I was a para at Kentridge. I knew too
many of the candidates, so I opted not to be a part of the interviewing
committee. Another exciting thing that happened at work, was that I was offered
the Curricular Lead position for next year. I have been doing half the job for
the last couple years, so I am excited to have the opportunity to take it on
and lead the staff in this way. It is hard to believe that it has been 9 years
since I first started the journey of becoming a teacher. Next year, I will
embark on my 10th year as a teacher. I will find out if I passed my
National Boards in December. I not only have the opportunity to have extra leadership
as Curricular Lead, but I also will continue in the MLE position at work. I
love my job and am so grateful to God for all He has provided for me in the
past nine years. I am thankful for the summer off, to refresh and enjoy time
with the boys.
Cooper spent his first weekend away. His
friend Ben invited him to spend the weekend with him and his mother. It was odd
not having him around but we were happy that he was able to get away with
friends. Of course, Matthew and I snuck away for a short date to Snoqualmie
Falls.
When we were not at doctor appointments,
Matthew was in bed resting. My desire for him was that he recovered before our
trip to Europe. Just getting out and about for appointments took its toll on
him. We had new routines to learn with changing both bags and wound care for
the time being. My hope was that his wounds would be completely healed before
we headed out.
One of my friend’s, Brooke, ended up
coming over for a few days to recover herself. She had eye surgery and needed
help putting in her eye drops for the first few days. It was the perfect way
for her to get to know Cooper and feel comfortable around him before we left
them alone while we went to Europe. I think one of her favorite activities was
when Tim came over to check on the bees and he let her come out and look at them
with him.
The month ended with us going to
celebrate Chris Dellicker adopting Mason and Lily. He has been a huge part of
their life and was finally making it official. It was an honor to be invited to
Seattle to watch the judge grant him legal rights over Mason and Lily. It was
also funny to watch them squirm a bit when he told them they had to listen to
Chris when he told them to do chores or when he asked them about school. Lots
of prayers will continue to go forth for them as they raise their children.































No comments:
Post a Comment