Living Life...

Living Life...

Sunday, July 27, 2025

Europe 2025 – Touring London..!

I was beyond excited to start our trip to Europe. After all the planning and preparing it was finally here. I had Matthew’s medical supplies packed in advance but started packing my own bags a couple days before we left. My Mom was waiting slightly impatiently to see if we would have room for a couple of her items… which we did. On July 25th, Matthew took my parents to the airport in the morning and then I spent the day doing last minute details. Finally, Dan arrived to drive us to the airport. We said our goodbyes to Cooper and headed off for the trip of a lifetime.

We arrived three hours before our flight… since I don’t like being late… and went through security super-fast. That is the blessing of Matthew utilizing a wheelchair. Unfortunately, when we arrived at the airport, he realized he had left his cane at home. We stopped by a variety of stores at the airport but unfortunately, none of them had any canes.

We ended up going to eat dinner before our flight arrived after finding out that it was going to be delayed. It was going to be a long night, and we were both hungry. We enjoyed a meal and then headed over to our gate to wait for our flight to arrive. As we were waiting, the guy who helped Matthew through security came back and brought him a cane that was left in lost and found beyond the time allotted to pick it up. Matthew was so grateful for him going through effort to find him a cane, so we didn’t have to find one in London. 

Arriving late but still getting there on time... 

Dinner and drinks while we wait...

Finally, our plane arrived, and Matthew and I were able to get on and settle into our seats for the night. Matthew was pleasantly surprised to see that I upgraded us to comfort plus and chose seats in the front row with the most room. While that meant the screen had to be pulled up, he had plenty of leg room and I couldn’t even reach. All of our belongings had to go up top, so it was a good thing we were the first to board.

I used my pocket to hold my kindle and watch movies... 

All ready to fly away!

Thankfully, I was able to sleep some of the flight. It was about 9 ½ hours. We then met up with the rest of the group, most of which were flying in from Texas. Matthew and I were the last ones to arrive in London so once our flight got in, we flew through immigrations with our luggage and headed to the spot where we were able to get Ubers. It was my first experience with reserving an uber, so they had to help me with the process, but it didn’t take long for them to arrive. 

Some of the Texas crew that were on the same flight... 

Kim and Keb flying over... 

Heading to the hotel... 

Sharing an uber with Mom & Dad... 

Once we got to the hotel we started the process of checking into our rooms. Matthew of course needed to rest for the evening. The rest of us settled into our rooms and then headed out to find dinner. We didn’t go too far the first night, but we were able to find an Italian restaurant and ice cream for dessert. Of course, I brought Matthew some left over pizza home and ice cream.

Afterwards, I did some unexpected laundry in the hotel. I was surprised to find out that it was free. While the clothes were washing and drying, I was able to get my walking in. I wanted to stay in my routine and was off to a good start. 

Trying various drinks... 

Pizza... for dinner

Laundry and walking laps

The next day we had a full day of tourist activities scheduled. Matthew and I started the day off right and found a local restaurant for breakfast. The food was absolutely delicious but of course it was, I ordered crepes. Matthew enjoyed his food as well.

Afterwards, Matthew headed back to the hotel to rest for the morning portion while the rest of us started our walking tour. We saw so many things as we walked to Buckingham Palace. We had time to stop and take pictures along the way. When we arrived at the Palace it was packed with people ready for the Changing of the Guards ceremony to start. It was quite the experience to watch the ceremony (what we could see of it) and the parade of the guards as they left their shift.  


Breakfast with Matthew... 

Strawberry, Banana & Nutella Crepes

Tralfagar Square

Lots of walking... 


Lots of statues...



Buckingham Palace

We were told by the police to have backpacks in front. 

Police entertaining the crowds...

Petting the horse... 

Posing with my seester!

Runner that "ran" from the police... more entertainment. 


Changing of the Guards


Full on Parade

Queen Victoria Memorial


Posing with the Palace


Crazy to think we are in London together


Love this view of the Palace

Aunt Sandi and Carrie on their way to join us...

After the ceremony, we continued on our walking tour and headed towards Big Ben. There were so many things to see in that area. We took a shortcut through the park which was a lot of fun and allowed for some beautiful views. Just looking through all my pictures reminds me of the beauty of what we saw when we were there. 

Princess Diana's Memorial Walk...


Views from the Park...


Buckingham Palace from the Park...

First views of Big Ben

Big Ben and Parliament Square Garden

I photo-bombed Kim & Elizabeth

Cool statue at the square... 

St Margaret's Church

Loved their police cars...


All the buildings were beautiful at Westminster


Lots of entertainment going on as well...


Big Ben...

After getting all our pictures we headed back towards the hotel. The original plan was to have lunch together, but we could not find a place big enough for all of us, so we ended up splitting up into smaller groups and finding food on our own. We then had a little time to rest before heading back out for the evening. 

So much beauty throughout the city...


Also, a lot of history...



The guards - I didn't get close enough to "touch" the horses 
which is not allowed... hehe


Everywhere I went I saw signs that reminded me of work
"Whitehall" the name of my adminstrator! 

Sherlock Holmes Pub

All the way up to the roof...


Our spot for lunch... fish and chips!


Matthew was hungry so I got him a pizza...!

We met back up and most of the group walked to our next destination, which was the Riverboat Tour and then The London Eye. Matthew joined us for these activities, but the walk was too long, so he joined Heather and got an Uber to get over to the attractions. I walked with Mom, Dad, Aunt Sandi, and Carrie. We talked as we walked and enjoyed the sites. 

Ready to head out for the evening...

So excited to head to the London Eye



Entertainment as we waited for our tour...

Time for our cruise...

So many amazing views on the boat...
Big Ben from another angle...

Matthew enjoying the ride with me...

Love the architecture of the old buildings...

Westminster Bridge...


The old architecture and new intermingled...


The real London Bridge...

What people think the London Bridge is... 
It is really the Tower Bridge...!

More old and new mixed together... 

London Tower Views...

Not recommended to go through this gate... 

Modern London...

School of London on the water... 

Part of an old bridge... they couldn't remove them!
They thought no one would notice them... 


They were supposed to be facing out... as a form of protection. 


Pub on the Thames...


Ready to enter the London Eye...


Our entire group all together... 


Matthew was Aunt Sandi's protector... 


Enjoying the views from above...

Look... it's an Uber Boat

Posing with my "Curly Haired" Twin Elizabeth

Kim, Keb, & Elizabeth



Aunt Sandi finally enjoying herself...

Heading back down... 




Carrie and my Mom


Smile... your on the camera...!


After the London Eye, we booked a reservation at The Hard Rock Café. It was a couple of hour wait so Matthew and I got pictures in the photo booth, and everyone bought souvenirs before we started our trek to the Hard Rock. Matthew and Heather headed over to book an Uber with a handful of her girls… they ended up renting a couple of the bicycles… unfortunately, they ended up taking them to the wrong Hard Rock Café, charging them double or threatening to call the cops on them. It was quite the experience… an expensive one… especially since they had to then book an uber to get to the correct Hard Rock Café. The rest of us walked a couple of miles to get to the restaurant. We arrived before the others, so we got our souvenirs first. We then found out Heather accidentally reserved her table for the following day. They were super accommodating but we had to wait a bit longer to get tables. Everyone enjoyed their food and the experience. A crew of us walked but the majority took Ubers back to the hotel afterwards. 

Photos with my love...

Girls enjoying their ride...

Matthew and Heather...

All Smiles (Until we got the bill... lol)

Walking gave me more views of London...

Dad found wifi in the phone booth...

Not sure who he called...

I think I need to watch Harry Potter... lol

My Twin posing too...

The Palace less crowded...


We arrived... where is everyone?
This was the first Hard Rock Cafe... so cool!



Finally, drinks all around...
though some of us had water... lol



Aunt Sandi and Matthew still bonding


Yummy dinner...


Palace at night... so pretty!

Hard core walking crew!


No comments: