Without going into too much detail
about someone else’s personal information… life has been crazy at work. My boss had to take some personal time off
which left a lot of holes to be filled in our program. I stepped up to help out
our office manager keep the program running smoothly during her absence.
In order to support our boss, various
staff members were sending her encouraging messages. My co-workers would send
her nice pictures of what was going on at work…. I on the other hand decided to
send her funny memes… though one of them I waited to show her in person.
On top of my regular caseload, I took
on extra responsibilities… of course it all occurred in the middle of Safety
Net season and Testing Season which is my busiest time of the school year. I
also made sure to keep on top of the Bills that were in the legislature… especially
the ones that affected our program… such as students staying until the end of
the year in which they turn 22 (instead of aging out on their birthday) and
whether or not they are going to cut the stipends for National Board-Certified
Teachers.
I was burning the candle at both ends
for a couple of months… which is what I do when trying to avoid thinking about
something that makes me anxious (more about this in another blog).
After all was said and done, I ended the month getting a severe case of Pink Eye (eye infection) and respiratory infection. When I was at work... my eye was itching... but I didn't think anything of it... by the time I got home it was starting to get goopy. Matthew informed me I was not going to work and to contact my doctor. Thankfully, I followed his advice because overnight... my eye was so swollen I could barely open it. When I saw my doctor, she informed me that it has spread to the other eye as well. Doctor's orders were to pick up my antibiotics from the pharmacy and go straight home and not leave for over 24 hours.
I had no choice but to take time off work and rest. With the little energy I had, I did finish the rough draft of Component 4 of my National Boards. I met my timeline goal for when I wanted to complete my rough draft… and was able to truly rest for the first time in months. With as painful and itchy my eyes were, I had no desire to do anything else but just lay on the couch and listen to shows on Netflix.

















No comments:
Post a Comment