Living Life...

Living Life...

Monday, March 31, 2025

March 2025 – A difficult month with blessings mixed in…!

March was a hard month for me… there were a lot of really hard things that happened… some things I will explain in future posts. One thing that I can say for certain is that through it all, my walk with God stayed strong and I felt His presence walking alongside me. 

Matthew made an effort to make sure that we laughed every day.  I also found lots of memes that made me laugh and would share them with him. God and comedy helped me survive March from the beginning of the month to the end. I am so grateful for all the blessings that were sprinkled in throughout the trials. 

A few of the memes I thought were funny:




March was busy with doctor appointments for Matthew preparing to have his next major surgery so he could have it and recover before our trip to Europe this summer. There were a lot of details/doctors that were involved in making decisions for this surgery. The plan is for them to move his colostomy bag over to the other side so they can add a urostomy bag. It is a major surgery, and we are both a bit nervous.  The surgery was finally scheduled for May 14, right after we return from our trip to Texas for Aliya’s wedding. I tried not to think about the upcoming surgery much since the last time he had bowel surgery he had a blockage a week later and almost died. 
This meme reminded me of Matthew... 

I spent a lot of time in March planning various upcoming trips and dreaming about the future.  In May we are heading to Texas for a week for Aliya’s wedding trip. This summer we are going to Europe for a cruise and to finally see Norway which has been a lifelong dream of mine. In October, Matthew and Cooper are going back to Florida to see his dad again. 

Getting airfare for our trips... 

Our Summer Cruise.... 

God blessed me with some animal viewings as well. The deer showed up regularly in the mornings while I was doing my Bible Study.  My quiet times have been very refreshing as they have been my lifeline. 


Elk herd in our neighborhood... 


Daily deer visit in our backyard... 

One of the blessings of March was being able to go to Aliya’s bridal Shower. She came into town for a quick weekend trip and Jaelynn had a party for her at her house.  Karen called me the day before and asked if I would be willing to lead the prayer and bless her marriage. It was such an honor to bless Aliya in this way. It was nice to escape life for a little bit and just enjoy time with friends and family. It is crazy how fast they grow up.  

Karen & Aliya...

Love my Niece... 


Aliya and her Aunts (at the party)


All the Guests... 


Praying blessings over Aliya and her marriage... 


March is also the month that Cooper officially moved in with us. It was an easy transition as he had already been spending a few days a week with us. We did have to figure out a few things, such as what to do during our trip to Europe and get him tickets for Texas and Florida with Matthew. Unfortunately, on the way to pick up his meds, Matthew ended up getting rear-ended. I took the next day off to bring the guys to the ER to get checked out. They had a long recovery of Chiropractor and PT ahead. Thankfully, I was able to get the name of a good chiropractor from my mother. 

Ran into my cousin at Costco...
when I got the call Matthew was in an accident!

Cooper still wearing his hospital gown... hehe

The month ended with our long-awaited comedy show. We purchased the tickets months ago to see Fluffy in person. It was his last tour, and I knew that Matthew loved him, so I decided to splurge and buy tickets to the show. What I didn’t realize was how long the event was going to last on a Sunday night. It was well worth it though as we spent a much-needed night laughing with friends. Before Fluffy got on stage there were half a dozen acts. The show lasted over three hours, and we laughed non-stop. I was exhausted the next morning, but I would not have traded the night for anything. The good news is, Fluffy is not retiring after all… maybe we will go to another show if he comes into the area again.  

Posing with Nancy

The boys - Tim, Matthew and Cooper

Gabriel Iglesias - Fluffy



What a show... from start to finish!


Martin and Fluffy



The entire crew for the night... 


Matthew keeping things positive... 

No comments: