The last area of the house that needed to be remodeled was the area I referred to as to my office and Cooper’s room. This room was one big room that we had always been divided by a table as long as I could remember. This room was also very cluttered with all furniture and whatnot.
I spend a lot of time in the office, so the verse I chose to write going
into the office is my life verse. Proverbs 3:5-6: I want my trust to be in God.
I want Him to be the one leading our path.
My parents have been a huge help with the entire remodel process. My dad wanted to on electricity in the office area so, we decided to move out the furniture ourselves. My mom was super concerned when we her a snap moving the file cabinet and a small piece of the flooring broke off. Of course, when I showed the pictures to German and how the office was empty, he was thrilled that he did not have to move it himself. Fixing the floor (if he even had to do that) was much easier than moving the heavy furniture.
We set up my office in the dining room and made it so that it was still
childproof, since Alyssa was coming over with the kids on occasion. She was
couch hopping and on some nights needed a place to stay or someone to help
watch the twins when she had an appointment.
One major change that we made in this section of the house was to put in
a wall between the two rooms. We decided
to make my office a real office and close it off from the other room. This would allow me to be able to close the
doors and work in peace and not disturb others when they were in the other
room. German and my dad were brilliant and convinced me to put in electric
outlets on the new wall now since it was much easier to do as we were building
it then to try and do later.
Since the floor was torn up, I was able to write all the verses in the
office. I had a lot of different verses that I wanted in this area. My office
is used to study my Bible, to do our budget, to work on occasion, and so much
more.
The Cooper room is also where we host a lot of children and where Cooper’s
grandchildren would be spending a lot of time so the verses, I chose for that
area had to do with raising children and providing hope for Cooper and the next
generation.
Once again, we were not around for most of the remodel in this process. I
was able to write the verses just in time for us to leave for our trip to
Montana. My mom spent a day helping tape the door into the office with all the
windows. German was thrilled he did not
have to do it himself. My dad helped
with the electrical work. German and his
crew worked quickly to get it finished before we arrived home. German was busy working until we
arrived.
My parents helped decide how to arrange the furniture in the office, so
it didn’t look so crowded. The plan was to put the treadmill in the office, so
it was protected from the twins. I wanted the room usable yet not cluttered.
The Cooper room also turned out amazing.
I loved how it looked being contained into its own room instead of open
and flowing into the office. I do not regret the decision that we made.











































































No comments:
Post a Comment