The hall bathroom was one of the last areas completed. For years, it was
the bathroom that Matthew and I used. It
was infamously known as “The Pink Bathroom” and I imagine you can guess why.
Part of the demo process started at the very beginning to see how much water
damage there was to see what the insurance company would pay for. So for months,
we had part of the flooring torn up between the toilet and the bathtub.
Thankfully, there was not as much damage as expected, but the insurance did pay
for the floors to be replaced in both bathrooms.
When we decided to remodel the entire bathroom, Kim helped me pick out the vanity and decorations in the bathroom. I didn’t think I would have so much fun picking out decorations since it was never my specialty, but I loved making the house my own and being able to pick out how I wanted each room to look. There were not a ton of options for this bathroom if I wanted the vanity to fit into the entire space, but I found a black one that I really liked so I decided to use black as the theme in that room.
When my parents came home, my mom started calling it the ghetto bathroom
because of its state of being. She
really wanted it to be completed so she could unpack her room and organize her
things in the bathroom that they would be using when they stayed in the house. I
did not care what room was completed after the kitchen, so I told them to start
in the bathroom next.
I was able to use the refund from the vanity in the other bathroom being
delivered late to buy the bathtub. We
wanted to get a new one that was taller and wider so we could actually use it
to take a bath. The current one was very
small which made taking a bath not very comfortable.
Once we had the bathtub, German was ready to start the demo in the hall bathroom. His main goal was that we always had an available shower/bathroom, so it was the perfect time to get started. The old bathroom was super heavy so German needed to wait for his crew to get it out, but he was able to do most of the rest of the demo by himself.
I was able to get my verses written on the floor and behind the shower
after everything was torn up. I love
knowing that the house is blessed and that I was able to complete all the rooms
before we headed out of town.
The bathroom was a long process, and they would go back and forth between
the bathroom and the other rooms so I’m not sure my mom was able to get it done
as quickly as she wanted. Matthew and I went out of town, so we did not see
most of the process of this room, but I did have my mom take pictures while we
were gone.
We decided to tile behind the bathtub to make sure that there would not
be any leaks in the future. Plus, the tile looks a lot nicer, and we wanted to
upgrade the house. I let my mom help
make some of the decisions in the bathroom such as which of the tiles to use
and whether or not she wanted shelves in the corner which we ended up getting.
My parents also helped decide where to put the towel racks since we were
out of town when they were placed but they did send limited pictures to ask us
for feedback. We were all pretty much in
agreement on where to place everything.
Thankfully, Kim convinced us to use ship lack behind the vanity area
which made it a lot easier for my dad to separate the electricity to put in two
light fixtures and mirrors instead of one like it had previously.
When all was said and done the “pink bathroom” was modernized and beautiful.
I love how it turned out. My mom was super excited to put her things away and get
even more boxes out of her bedroom.
Of course, there were a few things that needed to be fixed in the
bathroom right away. A spot on the wall had an indent so German repaired that
right away. After a few weeks, I found
out that the water in the shower did not get very warm. We had to call him back
out to see what the issue was.
Thankfully, it was an easy fix.
Also, the grout was bleeding all over the tub, so he had to repair
that.





















































No comments:
Post a Comment