Up next in the remodel was the room I like to call, “the living room”
since I spend the most time in this room just hanging out. Changing this room made a huge difference in
the entire house… it was two-fold since he went from the living room to the
dining room and kitchen area (up next).
The living room started off very crowded. My parents decided they were
going to keep their couch and move it to their sitting room since we wanted to
get a new couch. I wanted one that was
comfortable to lay across.
Part way through the remodel we decided we were not going to keep the flooring
in the kitchen. We figured that it was
better to change it now and have all the same flooring then to try to do it
later and save the floor to match it or try to find the same flooring later
on.
I spent a lot of time cleaning out the room and deciding on what
furniture I wanted to keep and what we were going to get rid of. After hours of
working and packing, I was exhausted.
The work was refreshing though because I could see the finished product. That is ultimately what kept me going.
Just before German got started on the demolition of the living room, my dad
came up with the brilliant idea of expanding the corner from the hallway to the
kitchen. Many people would trip and fall walking to the kitchen so we decided
it would be safer to make the turn wider. The question then became how wide we
wanted it to be.
After tearing up the floor, German and his crew got busy painting the
walls and ceilings. When I went to work,
he told me that they wouldn’t start on the floors until the following day. Thankfully, I made it home just in time to
get some verses down on the floor as they were busy laying the last of it. The work went a lot quicker than they
expected which was great… but I would have been bummed had I not been able to
write the verses in this room. We want
to use this room to host so many people and I wanted to make sure it was blessed.
German spent a lot of time making sure the edge was perfect. It turned out beautiful and I love how expanding
the turn looked so natural and like it had been there the whole time. I can’t imagine anyone falling making the
turn anymore.
German was able to get our new fan installed. It also came with a light which I was excited
about since this room was always so dark before. It will be nice to have more lighting options
on top of the colors lighting up the room.
After the room was finished, we waited a while before getting new
furniture. In fact, we waited until
after our trip to Montana so that the space could be used to store the
furniture from other parts of the house while they continued with the remodel.
Finally, we were ready to get a new couch. We headed down to pick out the perfect couch. Cooper decided to go with us. Matthew knew what style he wanted, and Cooper
and he wanted the first one we sat on, but I wasn’t quite ready to commit to
it. I convinced them to look at a few
more. We finally found one that not only
did they like but I thought was super comfortable. Only then was I ready to commit to buying it
and wait for it to be delivered to the house.
Matthew and I joke that the couch (and bed) was our anniversary gift to
one another since they arrived on our anniversary. It was so fun having it arrive and be
installed. I made sure the room was
cleaned before they arrived. Of course,
we had to decide which direction we wanted the couch. I absolutely love our new
couch… I love this new space and how open and clean it looks. It turned out
absolutely perfect.























.jpg)


















No comments:
Post a Comment