The busyness of February continued into March. I got into the routine of insanity. Thankfully, I was able to finish up the testing and get it completed on time. I was able to test all but one student who was not attending school. I also attended multiple IEPs at the high school for incoming students and helped get my students signed up for DVR services. Good things happened at work including one of my students getting his first job at Safeway.
I even hosted the first Multicultural event which was amazing. Of course, it was a crazy day at work in which we ended up on lock down and had the medic arrive at the same time. It was good to have something to keep the students occupied. I was shocked about how attentive they were to their classmate and look forward to doing it again in the future.
We celebrated our 2nd anniversary at Generational Hope. It is crazy how quickly the time has passed and
how connected we feel after such a short time period. We love working with the youth
and the connections we have made.
I was going full on with my National Boards Component 2. The National Boards is four components long
and I am doing two components this year. The first component is a test that I
am taking in May. Component 2 is about
differentiating instruction for students.
I have to show how I differentiate instruction and write a 13-page
commentary that goes along with my materials and assessment. I chose a student that I brought up early from
the high school once I met him and realized his placement was wrong. We’ve made
so many accommodations for him that his life is forever changed. It has made writing the commentary a lot of
fun to be able to share all the amazing things that are happening in his life
because of the TOP program. There are so many things available for people these
days if you know about them and can access the resources to get them. It is sad
how expensive things are in the name of “medicine”.
Of course, the month continued with a ton of medical appointments. Thankfully, we were able to get on top of
Matthews infection. We also got an
appointment with his urologist, and they are going to look into his kidney
stones which has not been done in years.
So, maybe he’ll get some relief from those. I continue to pray for a
miracle for Matthew. That God would heal his body and relieve him of the
constant pain that he endures.
Finally, we were able to get German out to the house to get us an updated
quote for the remodel and a tentative start date. We now had some decisions to make, such as what
flooring we want and paint color. We are
so excited to get this project started in just a couple weeks.









No comments:
Post a Comment