Living Life...

Living Life...

Tuesday, April 30, 2024

April 2024 – Staying Busy Living Life...!

Although April was still extremely busy, some exciting things happened. Easter ended up being the last day of March this year, but last minute we were able to plan a gathering at Jimmy and Karen’s. It was important for me to get the family together since I knew it was going to be the last Holiday that Kim and Keb were going to be living here for. It is crazy how the family grows and changes throughout the years as people move away and others move in. We are so blessed with a close family, regardless of the distance in space. 

Jimmy and Karen's Crew

James and Maggie

Matthew and I

Kim always makes the best designed food... 

Love these guys... 


We celebrated my birthday at work on the Friday before Spring Break.  Once again, I am so blessed with the staff that I have in my classroom.  My paras are absolutely amazing to work with and it will be hard to see some of them gone next year but I am excited for the new adventures they have coming up. They blessed me with a taco bar for lunch and strawberry shortcake for dessert. 

Celebrating my Birthday...


Spring Break was not a break for me.  I had finished my rough draft of component 2 for my National Boards earlier in the month, so I was able to use part of the time to make corrections and complete component 2.  Next, I started working on packing and organizing the rest of the house so it would be ready for the remodel.  We also purchased the flooring, so German started delivering it to the house.  We had a tentative date for the start of the project which made it all seem even more real to me. Matthew had multiple doctor appointments and got a different mask for his sleep machine. I was even able to get the first mow of the season done after a couple days of no rain. We ended the break with an all-nighter with the youth at Gen Hope.  I’m not sure I am cut out for all-nighters anymore.  Of course, there is no rest for the weary because on Sunday we had to be up bright and early to watch Soraya’s baptism. We would not have missed it for the world.  It was a perfect message for a baptism Sunday. 

German delivering the flooring

Enjoying dinner and a show!


Celebrating Justice's birthday

Matthew is thrilled I took this picture... 

It was a mess... 

Mowing the lawn... 

I lost count of how many times I filled the bags... 


Happy to be finished..!



Food from the overnighter... no pictures of the students



Soraya being baptized by Pastor Tim... 


Church message!



Posing with the Dellickers

Posing with Pastor Tim

Posing with us...

The Sand Family

Soraya's Gift - A new Study Bible


Matthew continued to have a lot of appointments throughout the month.  I had to take a few days off for them.  Especially on the day he went in for surgery for his kidney stones. His new urologist decided to go in and remove them all and try to see if they could prevent them from coming back.  There were some complications from the surgery which resulted in us returning to the ER that night… let’s just say the bathroom looked like a crime scene (I will spare you all the pictures, but it was bad). 

Recovering from surgery.... studying for my test!


We had a couple really nice days out, so I was able to start enjoying my quiet time outside again. This lifted my spirits and brought me joy amongst the craziness of all that was going on.

Matthew and I started teaching the Middle School class on Sunday mornings once a month… I know that we are crazy busy, but I figured it would help us develop stronger relationships with the youth having this more individual time with them on Sunday mornings.  Our first-time teaching was on April 28th and it was a lot of fun. 

Enjoying the peace... 
Still a little cold!


I still love cooking.. when I'm not too tired!

 

No comments: