Living Life...

Living Life...

Saturday, May 13, 2023

Spring is Finally Here…!

A lot has happened this past month but the thing that I am most excited about is beautiful weather God has blessed us with. There is something about being able to sit outside and do my Bible study that helps me draw closer to God… but more about that later.

I have been spending time studying the miracles of God in the Bible… things that He did in both the Old and New Testament that are humanly impossible… and believe me the Bible is full of stories of what God can do… and what He did do in the lives of His people.  I am not sure why modern believers have settled into a place of just going to church once or twice a week and living life like the world does… when we serve a God that can do amazing things and can empower us to do amazing things in His name. 

Does normal living still need to happen?  Yes, because we still need to eat, work, pay bills, etc…. but in the midst of it we can be a part of God’s plan for our life and those around us.  I don’t have all the answers, but I want to learn more about walking in His presence throughout the day and listening to and obeying His Spirit. I think that it is when we are walking closely to God that we can find joy in the everyday things. 


One thing that I have been enjoying a lot more lately is cooking… of course learning to cook different foods has helped.  One of the Hello Fresh meals this month was an “Argentine” steak meal… it was good, but nothing compared to what I ate in Argentina.  Even when our oven quit working again (this time it won’t even heat up so I can’t use it at all) I didn’t let that stop me from cooking… I am now learning how to use the Traegar and toaster oven.  It is a learning process to figure out timings on food again and having it happen right before we hosted a couple teenage boys was not the best timing, but I didn’t let it discourage me. 


Preparing meals for a busy week... 

Cooking the "Argentine" meal... 

I know I have mentioned my mother’s cat before, but it has been fun watching her develop a friendship with another cat.  Now just about everyday I see this cat in our yard… they are constantly together.  God created us for companionship and even the most recluse cat now has a friend.  

Kiki's friend came to visit... 

Of course Kiki had to come out and pose for a picture too... 


Enjoying each other's company... 

There was another Women’s event at Generational Hope.  It was only a Friday night event, but I didn’t want to miss it even after a busy week at work. We had a guest speaker that spoke about living a Flourishing Life. Even when we are going through difficult times, God is still with us guiding and directing us.  He wants us to flourish during the hard times and bring about healing into our lives. God has brought so much healing into my life during this season… I think that is my Word for 2023 – Healing.  He doesn’t want us to live in our brokenness or pain but wants to heal us and see us flourish.  I have noticed a difference in my life and attitude as I focus more on God and His plan for my life.  This past week I have been a bit discouraged, but I am going to get back up and live in my joy again.  I don’t want to live in the pain… I don’t want to live in the discouragement… I don’t want to live in fear.  I am choosing to live with my eyes focused on God and His love for me. 


What a great message... 


Matthew and I were able to host a couple of young men that are part of a discipleship program in Spokane.  They came over to serve Generational Hope for a week as part of their program.  We enjoyed getting to know Roman and Peter while they were here, and I was able to bless them with Breakfast and a couple dinners.  Unfortunately, I didn’t get any pictures while they were with us, but I have fond memories of their time with us. I pray for God’s blessings upon their lives as they seek what is next in their lives.

As I mentioned, the weather is finally turning a corner.  The first nice weekend I mowed the lawn and then power washed the back patio and driveway, as well as the table and chairs.  It was a lot of work and I finished off the weekend in a lot of pain, but it felt so good to see it all done and ready to be used. I took a day off work to recover.  

Back Patio Before
and
After... Looks so much better


Front Driveway... Before

and After... lots of work but so worth it..!


I continue to love my job and the amazing people that I get to work with. We have a great group of para educators who are bargaining this year, so we all wore purple to show our support for them.  The certificated staff has grown so much this year and is very united, which makes for enjoyable team meetings.  I have loved getting to know some of my co-workers better this year and just enjoying one another. Of course, we continue to celebrate as much as we can… both Brook and Lori had a birthday in May so they both got their own party.  

Some of the paras we work with... 

Certificated Teachers - minus Andy!

Celebrating Lori's birthday


Enjoying the afternoon with these ladies..!

We may not have been able to get together as a D-Group lately, but I love that we can still celebrate the girls and their accomplishments… whether it be getting a new job, graduating, having another baby, or getting engaged.  I love these girls dearly and continue to pray for them even when we haven’t seen them in a while.  I love hearing updates on their lives… whether it be when we get together in person… seeing a post on Facebook, getting a message from them, or hearing about it from one of the other girls for a family member.  While I was able to walk through life with them through some of their hard years (high school) they also walked life with me through some of my hardest times.  They kept me grounded in the Word and connected to God and I will forever be grateful for Naome and these girls.  I am so proud of each one of them and where God has brought them.  

Congrats on the Engagement Abby and Gary!!!

Brittney finished nursing school!!!


Alaina graduated!!!


The last few days have been a bit crazy… I mentioned earlier that I have been discouraged.  Between taking care of Matthew and having things come up with my own health it has been a lot to process.  I let myself get worn down.  I had a good cry yesterday and then today I took some much-needed time to sit outside and sit in the presence of God.  I am not going to allow the enemy to bring me down.  Do I have all the answers? No! but I know the one who does.  Is everything magically better? No, but God will carry me through it.  He will not leave me or abandon me.  He knows how insanely busy the week ahead is, but He also knows that if I cannot do it all that it is okay… I need to keep my focus on Him and take it one day at a time. 

Still need to wear masks in medical facilities.


Needing time in the Word every day to make it through... 


Finally feeling refreshed after an unrushed morning with God!!!

No comments: