Living Life...

Living Life...

Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Starting the New Year… Life is Good!

Work has been so good this year.  I have an amazing group of paras who know me so well and work very hard.  They blessed me with a Christmas present that came a little late but was well worth the wait.  It was an Argentina sweatshirt with my name on it.  We had watched the world cup games together and they ordered before Argentina won the Final Game.  I was so excited about the gift that I changed my clothes and wore it at work that day.

Even with all the meetings at work and preparing for testing season, work has been so good.  I have loved the integration of my students throughout the program.  We were even able to visit one of the high schools to meet one of the students that should have been at TOP and figure out a way to bring him up to TOP mid-year since his teacher finally got him the support he needed.  



Loving my gift... 


I am still enjoying being able to cook a variety of meals using Hello Fresh.  I am learning to be creative even with the Hello Fresh meals by doubling the meals or even making portions of the meals at other times, such as mashed potatoes to go with Matthew’s cheesy chicken. Of course, when Matthew doesn’t like a portion of the meal, I get doubles to enjoy on other days. One of the greatest blessings is that the oven was finally fixed after MONTHS of not working properly. I no longer have to stay in the kitchen in case it turns off and needs to be restarted. It has made cooking much easier. 



A couple Hello Fresh Meals... 


Relaxing while dinner is cooking... finally!

Matthew and I have continued to love Generational Hope.  We started off the year with “Church at Home” for the first Sunday in January. Matthew and I were able to enjoy the service in bed. We then spent three weeks doing a church-wide fast.  We were given the option on how to participate in the fast with a variety of options presented.  I opted to fast breakfast so I could spend quality time in the Word before going to work.  It was a great time to reconnect with God and be refreshed in the Word.  I even wrote a poem again for the first time in a while.  I realized that I had written over 100 poems by the time I was 25 but have only written a handful since then.  I always felt like my poems was God ways of speaking to me and expressing what I have been learning.  We ended the fast with “Vision Sunday” where Pastor Justin not only shared where we were heading as a church but also where the church came from. It was neat learning about the history of the church…and pretty cool that Matthew and I made it into the pictures for the service. 


Generational Hope... our church home..!

We made the brochure picture...!

The month ended with Matthew’s birthday.  We ended up just celebrating the two of us.  I took a day off work to have extra time to spend with him and rest before my crazy testing season started. I wanted him to know that he was a priority, and I was getting exhausted so taking time off was one way to show him how much I loved him and wanted to make him a priority. 

No comments: