February, though a short month, was filled with many good memories. We started out the month having Mason and Lily stay with us for the weekend before school got crazy busy for Sarah again. I remember those days and am so glad that we can be a blessing to them in this way. I enjoy the time we get to spend with Mason and Lily and speak into their lives. I will forever cherish these moments with them. Unexpectedly, we got to have them over later in the month on a couple Tuesday evenings since Sarah’s clinicals were changed last minute and Chris had a couple work dinners planned. Thankfully, Matthew and I have very flexible schedules and don’t often have plans until last minute since we never know when he will be up to do something.
I was able to do a couple fun activities the second weekend. On Saturday, I got together with a group of
former “Room 5” paras for lunch. There is a saying at TOP, “Once a fiver,
always a fiver”. We are a close group
and enjoy doing things together so it was fun to see a random group… some that
still work at TOP in other classroom, and others that are now teachers at other
schools in the district. Of course, a
highlight was seeing Holly’s daughter, Violet.
The next day, I was able to go over Kim and Keb’s house for the Superbowl. Since German and Mariah were out of town we
had to find other plans, but unfortunately Matthew didn’t feel up to going. It was a lot of fun watching the game with Keb
since the Chiefs were playing and icing on the cake to see them win.
We got an unexpected day off of school for Valentine’s Day because it
snowed. Although, I am not excited about
how late into the summer we will have to go, it was a much-needed day of rest
since we don’t have a week off in February this year. I made myself some “empanadas”
for lunch from Hello Fresh, but they were nothing like the ones from
Argentina. Matthew did spoil me with a
couple new bracelets.
Work was a blur between helping make sure everything was completed for
the Safety Net students and testing but I can’t even complain about work because
this is probably my best year yet. I don’t
know if it is because things are a lot different at work, or if it is because
my perspective in life has changed… since my walk with the Lord has back to
where it was in the past. I am loving my
times in the Word, feeling His presence and seeing Him at work.
One really cool thing that happened in February was the Asbury
Revival. It took me awhile to hear about
it since I don’t watch the news and was so busy but it was awesome to see what
God was doing in a small town in Kentucky.
After a “normal” chapel service on February 8th, the students
felt called to stay and worship… and stay and worship is what they did… day
after day after day. We have been praying
for revival for so long that getting a taste of it was a beautiful thing. Thousands of people flooded to the college to
experience the presence of God. What I
loved was the school made sure that no big name preacher took over the stage
but that it continued to be lead by the staff and students of the school. My prayer is that God continues to bring
about revival not only in the United States but throughout the world… may people
wake up and worship Him. Generational Hope
had an amazing time of worship during this time on a Friday night that lasted a
few hours and of course our time with our small group was very encouraging like
every week.
As I look back at my calendar, I realize that the day of the revival, was also the day that I was able to go and visit Karen for a couple hours. It was such a refreshing conversation. I used to stop by their house all the time and visit but life has many different seasons. I loved just sitting and visiting for a few short hours. Of course finding out a few days later that Abby and David were coming into town with their sweet daughter at the end of the month was super exciting. It was so fun to see everyone at the open house for them and have even more time with Abby and my sweet grand-niece with the D-Group girls at my house. They are such great parents to their baby… and I love watching David and Abby as they navigate this new phase in life. God has definitely blessed my family.











No comments:
Post a Comment