Living Life...

Living Life...

Monday, October 31, 2022

October 2022… So Many Blessings…!

Matthew and I have been wanting to get involved in a small group for years.  We have not been a part of a small group (except for leading the youth) since we lived in Port Orchard, 8 ½ years ago.  A year or so before Covid, we had requested help from the small group leaders at Faith to get one started at our house because of Matthew’s medical conditions but they pretty much told us to find someone to co-lead with us and people who wanted to join the group. It was disheartening to us that they gave us such little support.

When we found out that Generational Hope was starting up small groups, we started talking to the Pastor overseeing them and let them know of our desire to be a part of one or co-host one at our house.  Pastor Ryan stayed in contact with us on where he was in the process but the first Sunday to sign up for small groups, Kerrianne found us in the lobby and invited us to join the small group that was going to be at her house. We explained our concerns with Matthew, and she quickly let us know that if we needed to move it to our house for a night that we could do so.  So, on October 3rd we started up in a small group again and can I just say it was the best decision we ever made.  We meet the first and third Monday for a time of prayer and worship. It is a group that from day one we felt like we were at home. I know that God is going to do great things in and through this group and I am excited to see how God is answering prayers just by bringing us into this group.  I was looking over my prayer requests from last May where I was asking God to give me a deeper prayer life and restore to me the joy that I once had in my relationship with him.  In this short time, I have already seen how God has been strengthening my faith, restoring my joy and deepening my prayer life. 

Another blessing that Matthew and I were able to be a part of is celebrating German becoming a US citizen.  German and Mariah have been our friends for years, so we were thrilled when German got the news that he was going to be sworn in the day before his birthday.  What a celebration we had for him.  It only took 15 years for him to gain citizenship. 

Chris and Sarah enjoying Empanadas at German's Party... 

Mason wanted to dress up for the occasion... 

Cheers for German!!!

Kids are always attracted to Matthew

Our Girls Picture... 

Happy 44th Birthday German


Mattthew smashing his face... 


Yummy cake... 

Best Buds... more like Brothers

Of course, with fall also comes football.  I have been enjoying both the Seahawks and Huskies this season.  Many people did not expect the Seahawks to have a good season but I’m a fan through and through and was excited to see how well they have been doing.  Huskies came out explosive from the start with the new coaching staff and have been so fun to watch.  I either watch the games in my massage chair, laying in bed on my phone, or on occasion we go to German and Mariah’s house… regardless, it has been fun. 

Watching the Seahawks... 

Work has been going so well for me as well.  Of course, there have been some small bumps along the way, but things have been so much smoother than any other year.  I am loving the group of students that I get to work with.  I was finally able to finish the big project I was working on of putting together the job boxes and materials.  I love seeing the students actively using these job boxes.  We’ve also started integrating our students into the groups for the Friday outings.  Transition is never easy, but I know that the benefits will outweigh the difficulties we experience along the way.  Of course, the support staff we have has helped to make this transition even smoother. I think my joy in the Lord, has given me a positive outlook at work which is refreshing. 

A few of our amazing support staff all dressed up... 


No comments: