Living Life...

Living Life...

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

May… Hanging out with the Dellickers... and Living Life!

May was a busy but good month.  Work was a lot smoother being fully staffed. I was even able to help Lori out by sending one of my staff members over to support her most days since we had a student that went on vacation.  We had a lot of birthdays and celebrations in the month of May.  My paras are wonderful and spoiled me with lunch for Teacher Appreciation Day.  Thankfully, I completed all of the WA-AIM testing, so I didn’t have to worry about that anymore.  I was even able to schedule visits to the High Schools to meet the incoming students before they come up next year. Since we had staffing, we were finally able to go on better Friday outings.  We were even adventurous and took one of the students back to the Supermall for the first time in over 2 years (the last experience was a difficult one).  The student struggled a little but overall, it was a successful trip. I just wish we could have been able to do things like this all year.  I will take what we can though and be grateful for the opportunities that we did have. 

Lunch from my Paras... 

Our weekends were packed… the first weekend in May we headed to Pe Ell for a camping trip with the Dellickers.  It was a much-needed time away… especially since it was Mother’s Day weekend. I didn’t know how I would do going to church on Mother’s Day since I still struggle with this Holiday and missing Shane.  It is so peaceful at their property, and I love just relaxing in the mornings and having time to visit with friends throughout the day.  Lily loves cooking and took every opportunity she could to help prepare the meals… one of my favorite meals where her biscuit/waffles she made for breakfast one morning.  Of course everything we eat when we camp is delicious and not the typical “camping” food. On Sunday, Mason and Lily blessed me with gifts for Mother’s Day.  It was very sweet of them and I am so lucky to have them in my life… I love walking life together with them.  

So much laughter and love... 

Chris was nicknamed "Fuego" for a reason... 


Lily helping cook breakfast... 


Breakfast Burritos... Yummy!!!

Enjoying Mate and Bible Study every morning

Hanging out undercover... 

Games with the kids... 

Enjoying dinner... 


Our Mother's Day Gifts... 



Lily making biscuit waffles for breakfast... 



The next weekend, Matthew went on a Men’s Retreat with our new church, Generational Hope, at Lake Retreat.  He debated going for awhile and decided last minute that he wanted to go… so I signed him up and then found out that I needed to collect letters from friends and family to encourage him during the weekend.  Of course, I raised to get these letters from people who know Matthew and those I know that could write encouraging letters. I knew this would be a blessing in his life. I was pleased to get over 15 letters… plus some of them men from the church added more letters to his collections.  Matthew shared that it was a very good experience… tough but refreshing.  He was able to connect with the men and even developed deeper connections with a small group who plans on getting together on a regular basis. I am so glad he decided to go. (Of course, he didn't take any pictures.)

The following week we were able to get together again with the Dellickers for dinner.  We have talked about it for months and finally made it happen.  It is something we should do more often, but life gets busy.  It has helped that Sarah is not currently in school, and things have calmed down at work.  The times of fellowship are refreshing though, and I treasure them. 

It seems like every month has their collection of doctor appointments… the main ones this month for me had to with verifying that the CPAP was working for me.  The doctor was surprised how well it has helped me. Matthew’s big appointment was in regards to his diabetes.  His doctor really wants him to try out a pump, so she started the process and set up more appointments to get the ball rolling.  


Matthew tried to knock down their towers of course... 



The next weekend, Sarah and I were able to escape for a Women’s Retreat at Cannon Beach.  I have been to marriage retreats there but never a Women’s Retreat.  It was a refreshing time away with Sarah.  We were able to connect with one another and enjoy the time of laughter and worship during the messages.  The speaker was, Liz Curtis Higgs, who is absolutely hilarious, and she shared that it was one of her last speaking engagements before she moves onto another phase of life.  What a blessing it was to get away for the weekend. The time of worship really spoke to me, and I took pictures of the songs so I could look them up later.  I cannot wait until next year. 

We arrived and upacked... 


Enjoying the various desserts


Walking to the rock at Cannon Beach... 




Lunch on our own... fish of course!



We enjoyed Crepes before heading home... 

By Memorial Day weekend, I was exhausted and asked Matthew if we could just stay home instead of going camping like we usually do.  It was so nice to have a long weekend at home.  We were even able to go out to lunch with Richard and Bonnie, a couple from Church.  I was also able to get the house in order and spend time in the Word.  It was just what I needed.  


No comments: