Living Life...

Living Life...

Saturday, February 26, 2022

When all we can do is pray...!

This week has been a difficult one for me… it should have been filled with good memories as many of my weeks off in the past but this time my heart has been heavy.  There have been a few moments of joy and peace intermixed and for that I am grateful.  I was able to go on an unexpected walk with Sarah on Tuesday… well… a short walk as it was freezing and then go out for soup to warm up.  The time of fellowship was much needed.  


I was also able to have an amazing time of prayer for Erica on Wednesday evening before she headed back overseas to finish off her trip.  I could feel God’s presence as we surrounded her and prayed not only for growth in her life but for God to be at work preparing the hearts of those she would be ministering to.  

My heart broke this week as Russia attacked Ukraine… I know we had been watching it in expectation for months but when it finally happened my heart sank.  It has been devastating to watch the videos and imagine the fear the people are living through… watching families ship their wives and children away so they can stay and fight.  What most people may not know is that Matthew’s stepmother is from Ukraine.  She still has family living there… children and grandchildren.  My heart breaks for her and her loved ones.  I know there are many families in Russia that are also against this war and my heart breaks for them as well.  All I can do is cry out to God on their behalf…


My heart also broke for a family here in the states… I don’t want to give all the details, but it is a family who has had their lives torn apart.  They have been living in the United States for over 20 years, as the children are natural born citizens.  The father has been here with a work visa, trying to go through the process to get a permanent visa and yesterday it was denied. After living here over 20 years, working, paying taxes, supporting his family, he has 30 days to leave or appeal the decision. His teenage daughter is an emotional wreck right now.  A family member with disabilities they are caring for had 3 seizures last night after finding out.  Their disabled son does not understand and will be devastated by the loss of his father.  My heart hurts for them.  They are going to appeal the decision, but I cannot imagine the fear and stress they are enduring. 

Life here on earth is hard… it has definitely knocked me down to my knees this week.  My heart is heavy.  I don’t know what will happen in either of these circumstances, but I know that God does, and He is the only One that can bring peace… peace to a broken world… peace to a world full of pain, peace to a war-torn land, peace to a family falling apart. 







 

No comments: