March was a crazy month… it was definitely a month of mixed
blessings. Matthew and I had only been
back to church a couple of times since the pandemic started. I would watch the
sermons online, but Matthew had a hard time wearing a mask and at the beginning
there was no exceptions to the mask mandate at our church. Throughout the pandemic there were multiple
changes of pastors at our church and Matthew decided it was time for a change. I fought the change for a while since I had
been going to Faith since I was 15 years old but after a lot of soul searching
and prayer, I decided to follow Matthew’s lead. I needed to be back in
fellowship with God’s people… which you can’t get watching sermons online. Since there are 3 churches within a mile of
our house, we decided we were going to try them out first.
We chose one and gave it a try the first weekend in March. I absolutely loved the worship time, and the people
were so friendly. We just happened to
start on a day they had a get to know you for new people. We decided to go to it and started talking to
various people. Come to find out, our next-door
neighbors still went to the church (I knew they went there years ago) and one
of the ladies (Judi) knew who we were… “the young couple renting their parents
house as they traveled in their motorhome”.
I later learned that Judi was our neighbor’s sister, but it was funny to
be “known” even before we went to the church.
Matthew and I decided not to even try any of the other churches… we felt
right at home at Generational Hope. The
worship time reminded me of worship in Argentina and it felt like family. We are still getting to know the people
slowly but so far we both love it there.
We finally found a family that needed our bunk beds… after a year of
patiently waiting. I didn’t want to sell
the bunk beds, I wanted them to go to a family in need, so I waited and finally
the Marston’s contacted me about a refugee family that was moving into an apartment
with young girls that needed beds. The
following day while I was at work Loren came and took them apart and brought
them over to the family. Once the beds
were gone, I started cleaning out that room like crazy. I finally went through
the closet that had not been cleaned in who knows how long. I cleaned everything out of the closet. Organized the stuff that was in the room and
pretty much emptied it out. It took me two weeks to complete the project since I
only have energy to do that kind of work on the weekends. The following weekend, I decided to take off
and get some much-needed rest. I was exhausted… I would soon find out why it
was more than usual.
Another exciting thing we did in March was book a cruise to Alaska… we
had originally planned to go for my sister’s wedding in August 2020, but Covid
came along and cancelled it. My sister called me one day and let me know they
were planning on going in August 2023. I
started looking at rooms and decided we needed to book right away since there
are not many rooms that are wheelchair accessible for Matthew. The following
day, I called them and had our room booked, with a free upgrade since the
cruise didn’t have any window rooms set aside that were wheelchair accessible. Nothing
like getting $1000 off an Alaskan cruise.
So, now the countdown begins… we started out with 499 days until we set
sail.
























No comments:
Post a Comment